Beaupower32's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, the wify is doing better, but today had to be one of my worst days, my baby girl broke her left forarm. both bones, and now she will be in a cast for the next 4 weeks. Nothing harder than seeing a child hurting and not being able to do much about it.

Yeah, she is doing good. We go and get the cast put on tomorrow, but she is a little trooper and only taking asprin for the pain. They gave us a perscription for vicoden for kids, but we didnt get it done. But she is donig good, running around like nothing is wrong. Yesterday on the way home, a ICEE, French Fries (stolen from me) and chicken nuggets made it all feel better. If anything changes, I will keep yall posted.

Well, here is a picture of today with the temp cast put on, she will get the final one tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yikes, nothing is more helpless a feeling than to see your little one in pain. I hope she heals quickly. Kids have an amazing resilience and bounce back faster than adults.

Well, we went to go get the cast put on today, and the first time the bones didnt set right, so we had to cut it off and get it recasted. The bones didnt set right again, so now we have to go tomorrow to the hospital to get it set right. They will put her under and set it while she is asleep. If that doesnt work, then they will put a rod in.

I finally know what it means to hurt more than your kid does (or however that saying goes). I feel so helpless in that I cant help my kid, even though im like superman to her and Im supposed to heal all things. I just have to take it one day at a time, and be strong. :cry:

Well, Friday we got to the hospital about 7:30 in the morning. After paper work and all that BS, we finally got called back to pre-op around 8:15. They gave her some type of Medicine (drug?) that made her seem like she was High. She kept looking at her hand and laughing. The Doc said it was to relax her. About 9:00 they said that the operating room was ready, and they took her back there. Me and the wife went and ate at the hospital cafateria, and went to the car to grab the parking ticket so they could validate it. When we got to the car, they called us and said she was done and waiting for us in recovery. It was 10:00 when they called. We got to recovery and she fell back asleep when momma held her. About 10:45 she woke up and the first thing out of her mouth was Cheerio's (as in the cerial), and that is what she ate. We were done and home by 11:45 that morning.

The procedure went well, and she is in a cast for the next 6 weeks. She has adapted very well to it. The picture below is of her first cast on Thursday before they had to cut it off and reset the bones. Will post some more pictures soon, of her in her new cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back