Bf 109E3 Yellow 15 3/JG52

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking at the pics some more I noticed a dark patch round the supercharger air intake that looks almost circular. It isn't a shadow from the trees as it appears in both pics. Is this a patch of soot caused by the crash or part of the paint scheme and if so what colour is it?

It looks like the original camouflage colours underneath the distemper of the cowling ID paint. Maybe the ground crew just painted around the intake.

Ain't that the truth Wayne.
Managed to get the Airfix Bf109 from a model rail shop just up the road from my studio for £13 which I didn't think was too terrible. It seems to be a very good kit, lots of detail, separate control surfaces, good joints. The only criticism I have up tp this part of the build is the overly large tabs which join part to sprue. As a result I have managed to make some quite good progress. Box art and the parts with some prepainting done
Aircraft172.jpg

Aircraft171.jpg

Aircraft170.jpg

The pit assembled and painted
Aircraft173.jpg

Aircraft174.jpg

Fuselage joined
Aircraft176.jpg

Aircraft177.jpg

Wings together along with the prop
Aircraft178.jpg

Aircraft179.jpg

Wings and body joined
Aircraft180.jpg

Aircraft182.jpg

Heck, you're not hanging about, are you mate ?!! Bought and built in a day - there's hope for Harrison yet !
Looking good so far, but look like a bit of a ridge around the spinner joint.
Looks like an interesting kit, think I'll have to try one. Darn, another one on the list !

I'm not that quick Terry
Brought the kit on Saturday did a bit that night then most of the work to date on Sunday an hour or so on Monday then put the chin radiator and the wings on tonight. I have been taking pics as I go but haven't put them up 'til now as my computer at home has been having issues with the site and keeps losing the server at the most inconvenient times like when I try to make a post. No idea what the cause of it is as the one in work is fine as is any other site I visit so I now copy every post before I make it to save having to type it all out again.

Ah Ha! I've been having the same problem, off and on, for the last few days. No problems on any other site or application, just here on the forum.
Hadn't realised you'd started the build on Saturday - thought it seemed mighty quick !

Heck, you're not hanging about, are you mate ?!! Bought and built in a day - there's hope for Harrison yet !
Looking good so far, but look like a bit of a ridge around the spinner joint.
Looks like an interesting kit, think I'll have to try one. Darn, another one on the list !

Are you kidding me?? Whatever.

Looking good Lewis....

Bit more progress on the build didn't do anything to it last night as I was absolutely cream crackered and fell asleep in front of the TV.
LE slats, ailerons and tail on
Aircraft183.jpg

Aircraft184.jpg

Radiators on 'tho I will have to fill the slot in the starboard side. Ta to Terry and Wojetc for that detail.
Aircraft185.jpg

Will be leaving this lot to set and then crack on with it tomorrow night if I'm not too tiered.

Looks good Lewis and thanks for the pic of the seat ;) I have started on my Bandai kit and the seat was basically square while the artist renditions showed your seat.Cheers

Cheers all . I wholeheartedly agree Terry, let's hope they can keep this up. So far this build has been a breeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back