Boscombe Down Harvard 1/48th scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps. I feel OK, just bl**dy stiff and painful !
With a bit of luck, I should have the pics of the finished model posted tonight.

:thumbright: :cool:
Glad your doing better Terry. I have a close friend with arthritis and they have a tough time with it. She sleeps about two hours a night because she won't be able to move it she stays still any longer.

Last edited:
Thanks very much indeed, Aaron and Hugh.
Well, it's finished, although I want to re-touch a couple of small areas, including the prop, when I'm not so stiff.
Here's the pics, and thanks very much for your interest during this build. Particular thanks to Gary and Tony for their help with pics and info.

Attachments

• Harvard Build 186.jpg
    Harvard Build 186.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Harvard Build 187.jpg
    Harvard Build 187.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 105
  • Harvard Build 189.jpg
    Harvard Build 189.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Harvard Build 190.jpg
    Harvard Build 190.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Harvard Build 193.jpg
    Harvard Build 193.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Harvard Build 194.jpg
    Harvard Build 194.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Harvard Build 195.jpg
    Harvard Build 195.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Harvard Build 196.jpg
    Harvard Build 196.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 96
happy0034.gif

Got to give it to you Terry, despite all your personal setbacks, you still come through with some amazing stuff. Take a bow my friend.............your forgiven if it's only a nod of the head.

Thanks very much chaps, I really do appreciate it.
Andy, I thought the port lamp cover had moved too, but on checking, it's actually flush! I had a close look at it through the magnifying glass, and it is even all round. However, if I hold the model and turn it, at certain angles the refracted light, through the cover, shows the Interior Green edges of the lamp housing in a distorted fashion, and makes the whole thing look misaligned - very strange!!
I will admit though, these were the only parts in the kit which were less than a perfect fit (apart from the engine bulkhead to fuselage joint, which was a bit vague), and I had to file the inside edges of each lamp housing, before making and fitting the lamps themselves, and then the transparent covers.
Have a look at the first pic in the series - the cover looks fine at that angle !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back