Boscombe Down Harvard 1/48th scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Still not quite finished the canopies, but pics soon.
I was supposed to be going out tonight, but was feeling stiff so had a wee kip - woke up at 21.30 hrs, even more stiff and sore - b*gg*r !

Thanks Hugh.
Here's where I'm up to so far.
PIC 1. Canopies in place, with the extra frames and small side opening panes added. The canopy sills and rails have yet to be cleaned-up and detail painted.
PICS 2 and 3. The scratch-built exhaust fitted, and some light exhaust staining added.
PIC 4. The rudder actuating cables fitted, from thinly stretched sprue.
PIC 5. How the model looks to date.
Next step is to make and fit the blade antenna and anti-collision lamp on top of the rear fuselage, followed by the landing gear, flaps and small detail parts. Then it's time to work on the prop, fit this, then add the signal and navigation lamps.
Thanks again for your interest and kind comments, and more soon.

Attachments

• Harvard Build 151.jpg
    Harvard Build 151.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Harvard Build 143.jpg
    Harvard Build 143.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Harvard Build 152.jpg
    Harvard Build 152.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Harvard Build 142.jpg
    Harvard Build 142.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Harvard Build 147.jpg
    Harvard Build 147.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 72
Thank you my friends, I really do appreciate it. OK, it was supposed to be OOB, but ... well, you know how it is !!
I hope to get some more done sometime tomorrow ... watch this space (but no promises!).

It's always a great pleasure to watch you in action Terry. Smashing work on this model my friend. :notworthy:

With all here, looking wonderful! Just a quick question, how do you go about painting an exhaust. I've been trying a few way on my own, to pretty decent effect I might add, but I wanna look into it a bit more and try different ways to do it as well. It that typical kind of muted metallic sheen to it, yet quite burned/stained and such.

Thanks very much guys. haven't got any more done yet, but might have something to show tomorrow.
Jelmer, for exhausts, I use different techniques depending on the required result. In this instance, after studying pics of the actual exhaust on KF183, I painted the front section semi-matt black, with a very light dry-brush of silver over the extreme front, where the small pipe is.
The main section was then painted with matt black, mixed with a very small drop of silver and, when dry, lightly dry-brushed with grey. The exhaust staining was done with my friend's wife's eyebrow pencil (!), drawn on lightly then smudged along the fuselage.
The rusty coloured exhausts are done with a build-up of various colours, using a stiff brush to dab on the surface if a texture is required, as in my Beaufighter build in the MTO GB.

The exhaust staining was done with my friend's wife's eyebrow pencil (!),
LOL....come to think of it...perhaps my date with a new 'she who controls everything' next saturday might come in handy after all....even if only for nicking an eyebrow pencil ;)

Ahoy Airframes
Looking great Terry, Your doing her justice that is the best Yellow Iv,e seen in years After I get my Kate Done I believe you inspired me in building a Harvard. I have an old 1980 kit of the first release monogram produced A very swell kit. your about done heading for the down hill slide Looking good sir.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back