Boscombe Down Harvard 1/48th scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps, and no, I'm not explaining about the eye brow pencil !!!
Got the landing gear on, the flaps in place, the antenna made and fitted, and part way through doing the anti-collision beacon, signal lamps and nav lights.
Can't move the model at the moment, so pics tomorrow.

Darn, it's one of those nights where I can't get to sleep for more than 30 minutes or so, so I gave up, got up, and did the photos!
PIC 1. Landing gear in place.
PIC 2. The anti-collision beacon and blade antenna made and fitted. The antenna needs re-painting, as I ran out of white enamel !
PIC 3. Although the flaps would normally be up on the ground, I have seen some Harvards with slightly drooped flaps, possibly due to hydraulic pressure bleed off, so they have been fitted partly deployed. Also visible here are the three signal lamps on the rear fuselage underside.
PIC 4. How the model looks to date.
Next step is to add the various vent tubes, nav lights, pitot and prop, and it should be done.
Thanks once again for your continued interest and complimentary comments, and I hope to have the finished shots by tomorrow (er...tonight!).

Attachments

• Harvard Build 161.jpg
    Harvard Build 161.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Harvard Build 157.jpg
    Harvard Build 157.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Harvard Build 158.jpg
    Harvard Build 158.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Harvard Build 160.jpg
    Harvard Build 160.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 91
Thanks very much, Wojtek, Andy and Glenn.
I hope to get the finishing touches done when I return from a hospital appointment this evening - if I can stay awake. The prop may take longer than normal, as the bob weights for the CSU are separate items which need to be attached, then the colours are different on the front and back of the blades - so time will be needed for paint to dry etc.
EDIT: Crossing posts. Thanks Andy, and I like that !!

Up to your usual standard Terry and I was wondering if you had insomnia or if you had just decided that working on Aussie time was a better option.

Thanks Geo and Vic.
No Vic, my bl**dy body clock is upside down, mainly due to not being able to sleep at the proper time because of pain or discomfort - it's that time of year when I really start to feel it !
Slept since 19:30 hrs last night until 16:00hrs today! Now too bl**dy stiff to lift my arms !!!

Thanks David, I appreciate it.
I doubt I'll get any work done tonight, but I might try to start on the prop - too stiff to attempt the small stuff.

Well I didn't do any star jumps, or any other form of exertion, but I did get some more done, and it's nearly finished.
Just got to finish painting the prop,then add its decals and fit it, and it'll be done, hopefully tomorrow.
PIC 1. Shows the underside vent pipes, made from plastic rod.
PIC 2. The breather pipe, also plastic rod.
PIC 3. The tail position lights have been added (in the blue stripe of the fin flash) either side of the fin. The blade antenna has also now been painted, and the anti-collision beacon given another dollop of 'Kristal Klear'.
PIC 4. A empty cement bottle has donated the tube used for the pitot.
PIC 5. The new pitot tube, yet to be gloss coated, and one of the wing-tip nav lights, yet to have 'Kristal Klear' added.
The prop has had the CSU bob weights added, and the basic painting done, and is drying at the moment. Once dry, the tip stripes, red/white/red on the front, yellow on the back, will be painted, the decals added, and the blades gloss coated on the front.(the rear of the prop is matt black, front silver-grey).
Final shots tomorrow, all being well.

Attachments

• Harvard Build 182.jpg
    Harvard Build 182.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Harvard Build 180.jpg
    Harvard Build 180.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Harvard Build 178.jpg
    Harvard Build 178.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Harvard Build 162.jpg