Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Son muy amables Andy, Wayne & Kirby, gracias por sus alhagos.

So this is it and you're right K., I'm already anxious to start painting !! , ...but ... ... I have several details to fix and this level of progress and insanity for detail; I can not ruin it now !.
I am again gathering patience and tolerance ...[-o<

Gracias por todas sus visitas!!

Hello again young artists of static modeling and aviation.

A bit of putty, sanding and polishing of just some pieces that needed it.

There was a section about 10 cms at the junction of the fuselage, in which it opened; ... so practicing Terry's advice on another thread, I took out my dusty glue tubes, to test them.
I decided on Humbrol (I have 2 new tubes that I have never used). The others from Testors, I just corroborated that they are still useful.
And after drying, I gave a pass with Mr.Surfacer 1200.

I let it dry all night.

The next night I began to sand with # 400, 500 and 600 with small circular movements and I liked the result.
It was when I then saw that in several sections there were slight marks of mastic that were not totally smooth.
(Hardly distinguishable well in the photo - between the upper turret and the second round plate -)

... and once I found myself working on it, ... I followed to work on everything I found with those details.

This technique I saw in a video of YouTube and the way of attacking with the different sandpapers these joints, gave me a good result ... and were several hours of entertainment ...

Gracias Robert, ...!

When applying the primer again, I can see how well I did.

I worked the best I could in the joint of the bubble ...

A panoramic view of the area ...!

Tomorrow I will apply the primer
to everything worked, ... review the results, and if all goes well, I will polish all the parts and unpacking my airbrush, ... I will do the lines of the panels, then start with the blue of the bottom of the Wings, stabilizers and fuselage.

Suggestions and recommendations are always welcome.

Cheers filled with good vibes
Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Gracias amigos míos!
A little suffering because my airbrush does not help ... I had to give a deep cleaning and change some pieces of others that I have the same type (they are economic airbrushes), ...
I ended up cleaning all three!
I was able to start with the bottom and pump gates. (Panels Lines)
One time I share more advances.

Saludos

Users who are viewing this thread