****DONE: 1/48 B-24D Liberator 'Fightin' Sam' Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alright boys.. reworked the exhaust. Doing the props now and everything else has been attached. Mud going on wheels, soot around the brakes. Should be the last update for this thread..

As i'm moving onto the dio part, this is the next on my agenda. For you tankers out there, can somebody explain what the tracts should look like? What are 'shoes' and do the wheels have a specific color. This is 'new territory' in my modeling

Attachments

• PICT1398.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 227

Kneeling at the bottom left is my Great-Great Uncle Doyle Kirkland, They were shot down over the village of La Croix Châtre in Saint Brévin-les-Pins. They were flying that day in the "Oklahoman". One B-24s in the group captured these images during the fire fight.
My uncle was in the tail piece pictured. All of the crew lost their lives that day expect the pilot Harley B. Mason.
I haven't built a model in over 20 years, but finding this has inspired me to build one!

Users who are viewing this thread