**** DONE: 1/48 B-25 - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
User Name: dneid
Name: Dale
Category: Intermediate
Entry: B-25D of the Soviet Air Force 35 Guards Long Range Air Regt - A.S. Moghlitsky crew, Hungary, 1945
Kit: 1/48 Academy B-25D
Extras: Authentic Decals
Accessories: scratch building were needed, Authentic Decals - B-25 Mitchells in the Russian Sky. Probably add the SAC metal gear legs.

I will finalize this post over the weekend.

Dale

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• HPIM1659.JPG
    HPIM1659.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 284
  • HPIM1686.JPG
    HPIM1686.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 241
Great choice Dale, should be a good one, and the ex- Accurate Miniatures kit is excellent.
Only you can decide which category you wish to enter under - the judges have no direct say in the matter.

Nice one and I think you will be needing a good chunk of weight up front for this.

Last edited:
Saw you mention this in another thread, looking forward to it, it'll be something different!

Hey, Catch, when I saw the decal sheet, I just had to find a reason to get it. I like the idea of a Russian B-25. My biggest concern will be the actual shades of paint. I need to get the decal sheet in hand and see what it has to say. I may be bugging you guys for more info.

Nice on and I think you will be needing a good chunk of weight up front for this.

Yeah, Vic, I understand the bird will need a hefty chucnk of wgt added. I think I may go with the SAC metal gear legs as a safe idea. Need to add that to the original post.

Dale

Last edited:
Ahoy Dale
Now that is something to look at A Russian lend lease Mitchell The paint schedule will sure fill the bill on this old lady Great selection looking forward to the build.

Boats

Can't wait to see the Accurate Mitchell built Dale. I built the old Revell years and years ago and found that there was room under the cockpit floor to stuff enough lead sheet to hold down the nose. The balance should not be that much different.

Yep, there's enough room under the cockpit floor and, as the nose wheel well has the doors closed on the ground, there's quite a bit of room in the well, where you can get plenty of weight in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back