**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well folks here it is, done at last but before I submit this build for judgment I wish to convey my sincere thanks to each and every one for your support, encouragement and kind comments over the past four months of this build.

I would also like to extend a special thanks Glenn (T Bolt), Even (AK4), Jan (Lucky13), J-Christophe, Karl (rochie) for their extended help in provided the much needed detail required to complete this build and a also special thanks to Jorge Roberto Wolf who's unwittingly has been a major inspiration with his PBY-5A Catalina build: (PBY-5A Catalina- Revell-Monogram -1/48)

Some of you may be wondering why I've portrayed the Catalina propped up on a stack of sleepers rather than the dolly that I made. Well I came across this photograph at the Australian War Memorial and it intrigued me, consequently I just had to incorporate it within the diorama.

So here are a few pics of the finished product:

Holy Catalina Batman! Bl**dy marvellous Vic!
What type of grass did you use - coarse mat or static grass? Been looking for that type locally.

Terry, I can't remember the Manufacturer of the grass as I chucked the label out when putting it into a larger and sealable plastic bag, but I will find out and let you know. It is very fine and was sprinkled onto the painted Paper Mache base that had been brushed with a very thinned adhesive that was left to dry overnight and then the surplus shaken off..........outside.

Please excuse my aussie cliche but Vic that is an absolute bloody ripper!8)
Fabulous job,just stunning.
Cheers,
Tony.

Gentlemen, I'm truly flattered by your praise I can only hope that in watching this thread that you have had as much joy from it as I have in making and presenting it. Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread