**** DONE: 1/48 Curtiss A-8 Shrike – From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I made a start today by opening up the six windows behind the cockpit. Drilled then with a small bit in a pin, vise then whittled them to shape with a shape #11 blade. Also separated most of the resin from the pouring blocks. Some of the small bracing pieces broke and in my opinion should never have been made from resin. I should be able to make them from wire.

PB069153.JPG
PB069154.JPG

Last edited:
Good start Glenn. My only experience with resin resulted in losing the one very small piece which wouldn't have been seen anyway.

Geo

Nicely done Glenn and yes that is a problem with resin, it's just a bit to brittle.
Great start!
Only my opinion, but there are many things resin is good for; figures, cockpit sides...but not braces, antennas, so on..
I totally agree. Sometimes I think they make parts out of resin just to make parts out of resin. If the detail can not be substantially improved by making it out of resin instead of plastic, it should be made out of plastic.

Good start Glenn. My only experience with resin resulted in losing the one very small piece which wouldn't have been seen anyway.

Geo
Been there :lol:

Been busy lately so not much progress. I sprayed the main interior parts silver and did a dark wash, but not really worth taking a picture of. Once I get the cockpit farther along I'll take some.

Finally sat down and got the cockpits assembled. I painted the resin parts silver last week and gave them a dark wash. Last night I painted some of the detail on them as shown in picture #1. The rest of the pictures show the assembled cockpits I did tonight. The control columns will not be installed until near the end of the build. A quick test fit in the fuselage showed that there shouldn't be a problem there.

P1109206-1.JPG
P1109207-1.JPG
P1109208-1.JPG
P1109209-1.JPG
P1109210-1.JPG
P1109211-1.JPG
P1109212-1.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back