**** DONE: 1/48 RF-8A Crusader VFP-62 Operation "Blue Moon" 1962

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great job on the windows Vic, very neat! BTW, they're only black on paintings/profiles as it's the easiest way to represent them. If you're able to 'box in' behind each window, and paint the insides of the box(es) black or a very dark colour, they should look ideal.

Vic,u must have the patience of a saint!:)
Wonderful job mate,looks top notch.
Cheers,
Tony.

Great job on the windows Vic, very neat! BTW, they're only black on paintings/profiles as it's the easiest way to represent them. If you're able to 'box in' behind each window, and paint the insides of the box(es) black or a very dark colour, they should look ideal.

Thanks Terry, I'll give that a whirl. :D :D

Great work on the camera windows. Knowing how brutal the macro settings on my camera can be, that is fantastic work.

Nothing magic about the close-up Matt, alas I have no macro lens but do have a set of extension tubes, 12, 20 30mm. These were with the 30mm without a ring light, which I'm seriously thinking of getting. :oops: :oops:

Thanks guy's more to come soon I hope. Made the other windows today, took about 2½ hours after loosing one to the carpet gremlin.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks for the encouraging words Guy's, you can guarantee it puts a smile on my face.

After a few slow days of work on the kit, I've finally got the cockpit tube and instrument panel together.

5-1 Cockpit.jpg

5-2 Cockpit.jpg

5-3Cockpit.jpg

5-4 Cockpit.jpg

5-5 Cockpit.jpg

5-6 Cockpit.jpg

5-7 Cockpit.jpg

5-8 Cockpit.jpg

5-9 Cockpit.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, Terry, Glenn, Jan and Karl, much appreciate though the credit is not all mine as the resin parts are very detailed and just needed me to paint them up and put the bits in the right place.

Jan, all the resin detail parts for this kit are from an Aires set for the F-8A, you can get the whole lot (cockpit, ejector seat, engine bay, exhaust pipe, gun pack, re-fuller probe and wheel bays along with an etched sheet) as I did or individually. I have to say that this is the best detail set I've come across and all credit to aries for the reproduction quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back