**** DONE: 1/48 SH-3A HS-4 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, did the same Vic. Used the end of an itty bitty file to gouge the track out to fit the styrene.
Put some ribbing around the cargo door, and no idea why, cannot even get a glimpse of it from the outside.
Working on the sonar winch now. maybe pictures tonight.
Dentist this arvo, tax acct, then dinner with "my lovely".
Oh, and check the bluddy post box for them pesky decals!!!!!

Won't say enjoy the dentist, but the two of you have a good dinner, at least it's warmer up your way.

Did you mention the word TAX. I know, it's that time of year again, would you believe mine is done and in and moneys paid, them to me not me to them.

respect-040.GIF

Thanks fellas. The dinner was magnifica. Chinese out. Soft shell crab, salt and pepper chicken, a bottle of wine. Life is good sometimes.

I made the sonar dome winch, finished it this a.m. The picture is the starboard wlll, seats and winch. I'm going to add sound cover to the walls next to the seats.

Now for the sonar panel. It's a big one. Then on to the cockpit. So bluddy much to these whirley birds...........

Attachments

• 15 SH-3A HS-4 8 sonar winch_seats.jpg
    15 SH-3A HS-4 8 sonar winch_seats.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 55
Oh Vic, don't wish that on me....
another opening???????????????????????!

I have finished the winch, I had to modify it, the drum is much bigger than I made it in the photo above.
Of course I had to make a transducer, the dipping ball.

I'm working on the cockpit.

Attachments

• 15 SH-3A HS-4 9a sonar transdcr.jpg
    15 SH-3A HS-4 9a sonar transdcr.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 15 SH-3A HS-4 9b sonar winch.jpg
    15 SH-3A HS-4 9b sonar winch.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 52
Just chop pieces up, and glue the little buggers together.
Very therapeutic.
Had to look that word up.

The sonar console is proving to be a trial, I have no good pictures of the component rack.
Can only assume what it may have looked like. I'll have to Fake this part.

Murphy's Law of Modeling, as soon as you "kluge" something for lack of documentation, you will only find the correct info after it is firmly glued into place. (and, usually, out of reach!)
At least that's what happens to me!
BTW, which word, "buggers" or "therapeutic"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back