**** DONE: 1/48 SH-3A HS-4 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Old credit cards, and the like are an excellent source of free plastic.
Those little containers of jelly in resturants are good for thin plastic, free modeling supplies are the best!

Old credit cards, and the like are an excellent source of free plastic.
Those little containers of jelly in resturants are good for thin plastic, free modeling supplies are the best!

Not to mention the containers of cottage cheese, cole slaw and potato salad. I see lots of plastic in the super-markets !

Good job, Bill....

Charles

Nice going Bill. I can just visualise forum members, in restaurants all over the World, walking out with pockets bulging with plastic containers, swizzle sticks, drinking straws, plastic spoons, and lots of other modelling materials! I have to admit, I've often been questioned when in a pensive attitude in some place, maybe staring at a package containing a pen or something, and thinking "Hmm, if I saw that into three pieces, and add end caps, it'll make three great 75mm ammo containers for the German PAK AT gun diorama ..."

Nice going Bill. I can just visualise forum members, in restaurants all over the World, walking out with pockets bulging with plastic containers, swizzle sticks, drinking straws, plastic spoons, and lots of other modelling materials! I have to admit, I've often been questioned when in a pensive attitude in some place, maybe staring at a package containing a pen or something, and thinking "Hmm, if I saw that into three pieces, and add end caps, it'll make three great 75mm ammo containers for the German PAK AT gun diorama ..."

Do the same myself Terry, nothing passes the eye without thought of application to modelling.

That cabin is sure looking good Bill, you got the mind wondering what's coming up next.

Thank goodness, I thought the voices only talked to me. Does yours speak in a bad Humphrey Bogart impersonation too?
OR, Maybe you're just "plane" crazy! Ha ha!, chuckle, snort. (i kill me!)

Last edited:
Thank goodness, I thought the voices only talked to me. Does yours speak in a bad Humphrey Bogart impersonation too?
OR, Maybe you're just "plane" crazy! Ha ha!, chuckle, snort. (I kill me!)

I'll bet his "voices" speak to him in a South Australian accent ! Is Wayne tele-pathic ?

I hear voices, too, so he's not alone. Seems mine tell me to shut the door, wipe your feet, get out of the fridge...

Regardless... good job on the helo, Bill.

Charles

The Other, other voice doesn't tell me to get out of the fridge, she fills it For me......

Found some of the 3 x 6 styrene, so I have stuck in two lines of horizontals on the port side.
Cut a big hole for the cargo door and cleaning it up......

Still no bluddy decals..... it's getting too close for comfort now.

Okay, I did some fitting on the door. I just wish it was PE, it's just too thick. I filed a groove into the bottom inside for the track, which I am replacing with styrene square. It's a little difficult to get the contour on the inside to match the fuselage side curve. I'll have to look back at Vic's door to see what he did.

I got the track on, in the second photo. The floor has a rather ugly gap, this will have to be filled. I'll use a piece of square styrene stick and glue it to the edge. Easy fix.

I gave in with just a bit of the second row of horizontal ribbing. No work tomorrow so will finish this side and head to the LHS for another pack and do the starboard side. At least that's what the other voice is saying!!!!!

Attachments

• 15 SH-3A HS-4 7a cargo hatch.jpg
    15 SH-3A HS-4 7a cargo hatch.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 15 SH-3A HS-4 7b cargo floor.jpg
    15 SH-3A HS-4 7b cargo floor.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 15 SH-3A HS-4 7c ribbing.jpg
    15 SH-3A HS-4 7c ribbing.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 84
Okay, I did some fitting on the door. I just wish it was PE, it's just too thick. I filed a groove into the bottom inside for the track, which I am replacing with styrene square. It's a little difficult to get the contour on the inside to match the fuselage side curve. I'll have to look back at Vic's door to see what he did.

If memory serves right Bill, I did about the same by replacing the bottom sill runner but only on the width of the opening and then scraped some shards of resin from the bottom of the door to get a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back