**** DONE: 1/48 Tamiya Bf 109E4 Black 8 of 2/JG3 Ofw Bernhard Lampskemper Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank-you Lewis.

Below is a shot of the Future coat sprayed on. I'll let this dry for a couple of days before applying decals.

Below that is the tailwheel with hand painted white wall. The thing is so tiny and, since it was all one piece, it was impossible to mask, hence the hand paint. As for the steel strut, that was a result of a small incident where I tipped over a closed paint bottle which hit the elvator which broke the tail wheel that was only dry fitted at the time.

Attachments

• 100919 Overall Gloss On.jpg
    100919 Overall Gloss On.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 70
  • 100919 Tail Wheel.jpg
    100919 Tail Wheel.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 73
Looks OK to me mate. But if you're not 100% happy with it, splash some feint dirt on it - covers a lot of errors !

Nice bit of delicate painting there Andy, you must have a very steady hand. Also had the same problem with my tail wheel, which is also now secured with a steel pin.

Some of the decals are now on and settled down with MicroSol. To be followed by a seal of Dullcoat and then weathering. I toyed with the idea of painting the crosses in a slightly faded black but I convinced myself to stick with the decals, despite the less desirable fresh-out-of-the-factory look.

Attachments

• 100921 Decals on 1.jpg
    100921 Decals on 1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 100921 Decals on 2.jpg
    100921 Decals on 2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 80
Liking it Andy the decals are bring it to life.Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back