**** DONE: 1/72 A-20 Havoc - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good N(north)E(east)W(west)S(south).....................

Deckles are in the mail and on their way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deckles are here this am in the mail. Look pretty nice for not being screen printed. Will get it down tonight and post a photo. And then get the others in the mail Monday praying!

You're a chamo Geo.

And the deckle went on just fine. You just have to Not look real close. Even thos it's printed in dots, it looks okay.
Now gear doors, antennae wire, and matt klear.

Attachments

• GB19 Dvdsn A-20 20.jpg
    GB19 Dvdsn A-20 20.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 86
Not entirely happy with the decals.
Dot pattern supplied, dot pattern printed...equals...moray.......
I'm gonna see ahwt can be done. The laast ones printed in the States were done from a pdf..... no dots.

I've already removed it from the plane.

Attachments

• GB19 Dvdsn A-20 20b.jpg
    GB19 Dvdsn A-20 20b.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 95
First, it's great to see Charles back and posting!
Darned shame about the Moray pattern Bill, but I would have thought the printer might have at least tried to re-screen the art work to avoid the dot clash. I suppose you could paint over the blue and the other coloured areas, but in that case, it's defeating the object of having decals made.

These were printer printed, not sreen.
I've sent off an email to see if we can try printing from a pdf.
So we're not printing dots from dots!

That's what I meant Bill - the dots in the original art work could have been 're-screened' (not screen printed), to adjust the dot pattern in order to avoid 'dot clash' which causes the Moray pattern effect. That said, with current printing techniques, I don't know if half-tone contact screens are still used, or if the average printer would know how to use one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back