**** DONE: 1/72 F-86F - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a quick question, wheel wells for a F-86F-30.... is it interior green, dark green, white etc?

I've seen a couple variations on models, but I'm thinking interior green? I have no picture of a F-30 at hand, but I know most of the early Korean models (A to E) had interior green. Just wanted your opinion guys before I proceed

From the first picture in the last post, I added the sprue (white) to simulate the detail in the wheel bay, taken direct from some photos of previous sabres and the 1/48 F-86F-30 I have in my stash forgot to mention that hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
A LOT of work went into this one since the last update. I'll post it slowly
I didn't take a pic of the complete sanding of the aircraft as I had a bit too much sanding dust on me, so my appologies, but here is the end result of careful sanding and then re-scribing with the saw.

I'll start it off with what I remember doing then work it out from there lol

First off the Drop tanks, puttied

and sanded:

Finished sanding the wings, but made a little error while re-scribing, so sand it off a bit again

Follow the line!

Still crooked

Sand and fix again ( I repeat this like twice or three times, gently sanding and gently applying the saw before getting it perfect, but since I can't make out the bad from the good pics heres the final at least I think its the final lol I'll take another shot later of this wing to see :

or this one :S

Here is the other wing:
Just finishing up the final cut (marked off by pencil)

Finished

Tested out the seam and re-scribed the rest on the front of the cockpit:

Same followed on the rest of the fuselage and tail, sand then re-scribe but
I went a little crazy sanding on the tail on one side, so I had to putty and re-scribe the portion, this time it was good

Other side:

Final after polish:

There will be another post after this one, in regards to paiting, as soon as it uploads

Airstrike on Mongolia? Last time Canada declared war on anyone was when the now de-funct Rhino Party declared war on Belgium for putting down a rhino in a zoo. Nice job on the re-scribing Igor.

Geo

Heres the other post, one post behind this one is about scribing etc, I forgot to take pictures during the yellow paint oh well whats done is done

Here is the hard part.....marking everything off, both tail surfaces took me 7 hours each for the checker board on one color (had to do black and silver)
Make an outline:

Cut it out and add it to the tail Followed by ample amounts of crying and almost giving the model flight:

Other side:

This is how the yellow turned out:

Black and Yellow

Bottom:

Tail, I was surprised how well the light curing Tamiya putty takes the saw and scalpel well and paint :

and other side:

Really loved painting this aircraft, it was hard hard work but it paid off, I'd rather not risk those Decal stripes, the paint gives it a lot of character

Here is the bottom side, I made another error on one of the lines there, so I took a photo pre-fixing it, I filled this (bottom line) with putty and sanded, and then re-scribed I'll take a photo later to show the effect

Final picture, apparently I forgot to add this one somewhere in the middle of the post
Today I spent the day painting the silver, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the completed taping and yes again, 7 hours each side of the tail lol
You can kinda see why I stopped work on everything else to finish this beautiful bird

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread