****DONE: 1/72 Flettner Fl-282 B-0 Kriegsmarine ship "Drache" - MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
Category: 2
Scale:1/72
Manufacturer: HUMA
Model type : Flettner Fi-282 B-0
Details : Kriegsmarine GF-YF, based on DKS Drache - Helicopter Carrier
Other: Parts of the model will be replaced with scratch-built items.

Used as reconnaissance over Aegean Sea based at mine layer Drache (modified as helicopter carrier). First production Helicopter to see service.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdYPQLvuJh8

Last edited by a moderator:
And I thought that my Hurricane with Partisan markings will be unusual entry in this Group Build. Wow! Great choice VB and educational too. I had no idea that Germans operationally deployed helicopters in Mediterranean theater. Will fallow your work on this model closely.

Last edited:
Fantastic! I don't think I've ever seen a helicopter modelled for any form of WW2 competition or Group Build, well done on the choice mate! Really looking forard to seeing this develop, although it'll be so small I might need new glasses!
I'm not that genned up of the Flettners, so don't know which one I saw in a museum years ago (open framed vesion), but it sure was small, even close up!

Cool stuff there VB, may fiind this helpfull

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 341
  • 2.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:
And my three cents...source unknown...

Attachments

• Flettner Fi282_.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 366
  • Flettner Fi282.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Flettner Fi282_1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 312
  • Flettner Fi282_2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 320
I read that there was a plan to have an obsever behind the engine. Does anyone have a photo or drawning of the second seat?

DBII

Great pictures there, Paul and Wojtek.
I haven't noticed until seen on this larger photos. This thing had two two blade rotors next to each other!? Wonder which type of engine did it use? (Must admit I don't know much about German helicopters.)

Thanks for link DB, some good stuff there. When I saw that there were two blades I figured they must have been counter rotating, just was surprised to see they were on two separate shafts. Well, if they had been on a single shaft that would be way ahead of its time, I guess...

Last edited:
Wonder which type of engine did it use? (Must admit I don't know much about German helicopters.)

This machine was powered by BMW 314E engine of 160HP with rotor reduction ratio 1:12.

Does anyone have a photo or drawning of the second seat?

DBII

Source unknown...

Attachments

• Flettner Fi282_5a.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 538
  • Flettner Fi282_5.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 326
COOL, What is worse, strapped down without a canopy or sitting backwards in the tail? It is one step away from an utra light. We could sell rides at airshows.

DBI

Did Wright brothers fly sitting in hermetic cockpi? The first steps are never easy.

Source unknown......

Attachments

• Fi282 glazed cockpit.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 231

Users who are viewing this thread