**** DONE: 1/72 focke-wolf Fw189 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Playing catch up here. Nice work Sergio. Have you tried the nail-polish remover/filler method? I tried it and am sold

do not really know what you mean but the nail polish is acetone and acetone attacks the plastic, (try to put in 200ml of acetone 35gr plastic sprue), but good thing and this is for the following already this caulking, sanding, and all ready for painting.

know the PLS to populate the CA but do not like the edge and then bleached to always paint it shows

this so good after working these days, I have been doing some things but for lack of time I have not posted photos and I just barely sometimes connect from the phone to keep track of your work.

In short this is proof transparent lace prior to masking

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

and after masking

IMG_3227.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3230.JPG

Drying the kristal klear I use to paste transparent once dry paint

Last edited:
All is looking really good their Sergio now the hard part "MASKING"

Sergio, check out filling without sanding. NP removers are not pure acetone but emulsions of acetone and water plus girly stuff. A Q-tip moistened with a NP remover like Cutex will not harm styrene or resin. This also works with autobody filler (glazing putty). If you prefer Denatured Alcohol (mix of ethyl and Methyl Alcohol) also works.

That canopy looks very challenging to mask, especially at 1/72 scale. Did it take you long?

were almost 5 hours of work but if I had perfected rather than what I would have done at least 4 hours more, I entretaining that i was.

Sergio, check out filling without sanding. NP removers are not pure acetone but emulsions of acetone and water plus girly stuff. A Q-tip moistened with a NP remover like Cutex will not harm styrene or resin. This also works with autobody filler (glazing putty). If you prefer Denatured Alcohol (mix of ethyl and Methyl Alcohol) also works.

for a time used this putty and green too but after suffering desperfetos a junction by acetone Discontinue use also here in Spain is much more expensive than putty vallejo that is made just 5 kilometers from my house and I'm on the bike to buy when I need to buy.

as an anecdote of Cutex estube for some time working in the factory is done here in the town where I live and it's not like they say the Cutex has quite active acetone to destroy a junction if you are not very picky and careful with her, my two companions and I got along all maintenance of these facilities, as well as the discharge of acetone and alcohols during the manufacturing process I was commissioned to make the instrument checks to verify its calibration and can say it is not all gold that glitters be careful with Cutex and plastic

Bored of rebuilding the upper wing beams stranraer I started painting, not much because I already had a bad outrageous humor and would do, (spoil work)

IMG_3232.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

here already has 3 layers of color, RLM66 down black to cover and seal the color and again RLM66 lower case I would like to make madness and some light chipping on folding zones

Last edited:
The attachment in the post #51 is invalid unfortunately. These shots can't bee seen. :(

Sergio, I would suggest re-uploading of these images .

Ok wotjek

I have already repositioned so it seems it's broken link

Last edited:
Now the paint colors give bases, before giving the "snake" will give you something to wear color

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back