**** DONE: 1/72 focke-wolf Fw189 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good work Sergio.

Sergio, check out filling without sanding. NP removers are not pure acetone but emulsions of acetone and water plus girly stuff. A Q-tip moistened with a NP remover like Cutex will not harm styrene or resin. This also works with autobody filler (glazing putty). If you prefer Denatured Alcohol (mix of ethyl and Methyl Alcohol) also works.

I like this method as well but don't fully agree that the Cutex will not harm styrene. It is a bit forgiving but you do need to be quick with the Cutex and do just a few back and forth passes over the putty. If you keep working it, the plastic will soften so some care is warranted.

Good work Sergio.

I like this method as well but don't fully agree that the Cutex will not harm styrene. It is a bit forgiving but you do need to be quick with the Cutex and do just a few back and forth passes over the putty. If you keep working it, the plastic will soften so some care is warranted.

andy is even if the cotton leaves a drop not be drained tape adsorbs what these lost damaged the plastic has to be very careful and have it controlled more than this method, I totally agree with you.
with putty vallejo is the water does not have this problem but you have to reduce the drying hence you have to put plastic filler, it's one thing I took for known if he had not explained, as I do now, I hope to make more progress soon

before I end up top I get to finish the bottom, the base coat paint here and she gave him a hand vallejo black gray.

IMG_3385.JPG

this with more diluted paint two coats give more to mitigate the gray shadows and give

IMG_3387.JPG

to give a light hand end of klear

IMG_3388.JPG

let it dry for two days to work smoothly the top has to go by slowly I tried to force the machine and give more space in less time which made ​​me make some decision that I could be able to correct or rectify later

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

thank you all for these words but it is a lot easier than it seems just very tedious takes many hours to paint a little cleaning needle a little repaint and clean back.

After several more hours for the wing and nearly two hours for the rest of the plane for finish painting, but as always a but, is not even remotely as I wished I had a fainting 0'17mm needle was very old and was very worn so as always happens in a life "passing away", so to finish tube with airbrush painting of 0'2mm not have the same quality of dispersion which gives a definition of the lower line, is so life ... when I was not retained tube and now carry the problem a few months.

I put the photos and you will see that disaster

IMG_3396.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

soon varnishing and placing the decals

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back