***DONE: Bf110D of 9./ ZG 26 MTO 1941 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do you think on both a/c? What about this one?

Attachments

• Bf110 3U+KR.jpg
    Bf110 3U+KR.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Hmm. I see what Erich means about the shape of the band, which is also evident in the last pic posted, but it could just be the angle, and light. It's possble that aircraft 'L' in the formation pic has been retouched, or the opposite ( 'M' in other words), not so much for censorship purposes, but for public display to the German people at the time. The tutonic 'passion' for a sense of order perhaps dictated that the public should see things in the correct manner, so, why not have the aircraft arranged in alphabetical order? Just a thought.

Humm .... I have been looking at these pictures and I could spot nothing wrong with these bands.What is more all shots of the 3U+LT are tha same but with different ratio of magnification.Also their quality is different due to the time of making a copy.In addition the white colour makes a shape of things looking thicker. Also it should be taken into consideartion that these pics were taken during flying.
And here another one of III./ZG26.Similar to the one with 3U+LT.

Attachments

• Bf110D-3_III ZG26.jpg
    Bf110D-3_III ZG26.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
i agree it could be angles and or a retouch by the ministry of propaganda anyhoo they are good enough for me lol building commences tomorow

I would like to pay your attention to a small inaccuracy of the profile.If you look at the second pic of the 3U+LT whare almost whole a/c can be seen you will notice the lighter strip on its rudder.I think it is the strip of yellow.So you should remember to paint this one.I'm not sure if a such strip was on the second one but we can assume that it was.

Last edited:
This has always been my favorite pic of the Bf 110 (from Combat Aircraft of World War II by Bookthrift.)

Reading your posts and looking at the pic, it looks like it's been retouched as well. Even the width of the white band looks different form the rest.

Me110D_ZG26_yellow-px800.jpg

In my opinion the actual pic was B&W and then was colourised.That's way you got the impression I think.But it is very possible, especially that there is the unit emblem on one Bf110 only

Last edited:
That's it Evgeny....this is the same Rotte of Bf110. In the B&W pic these differences are better seen I think.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Nice detective work Evgeny and Wurger. It's hard enough to find good photographs in the first place, to have them colourized and f*cked about with is a total crime.

Shall we deepen the mystery then. Was that picture printed in black and white or was it really color?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 138
Humm for some reason my scanner brightened up the colors or my monitor is slightly different color. Whoops Viking already posted this one above. :oops:

Last edited:
well i have finally managed to get started on the actual build its not much for an afternoons work but i like it .Not impressed with the kit though a lot of cleaning up of flash and the cockpit is all decals and not much substance .anyway heres how far i have got to date

Attachments

• cockpit1.JPG
    cockpit1.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 111
  • cockpit2.JPG
    cockpit2.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 112
  • cockpit3.JPG
    cockpit3.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Very possible. The tones and colour saturation seem very typical of Agfa colour film of the period, although it's not possible to confirm unless an actual print was available to inspect, or a good litho-printed copy. The code letters on the nearest aircraft certainly appear to have been either re-touched or doctored, unless they were roughly painted in the first place.
EDIT:- Oops! Crossing posts! the above refers to the previously posted pic.
Looking ok so far Jamie. The flash has altered the colour balance in the pics, but no problem. I remember this kit was a bit basic in the cocckpit, but ok when assembled and painted, even though I built mine about 25 years ago!

Last edited:
it is actually grey but for some reason the light when i took the pictures made it look blue but it is grey i promise lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back