***DONE: Bf110D of 9./ ZG 26 MTO 1941 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks very good so far Jamie. Are you using flash? The pics are over-exposed, and showing signs of anomalous reflection, where the blue content of the grey paint is recording predominantly. The over exposure, if taken by flash, is being caused by 'bounce' off the white background. In close work, flash, generally, is a little strong, and will tend to 'wash-out' or alter colours. Try using a desk lamp, with a 100 watt bulb minimum, and set the white balance for the overall conditions. This should give better definition, clarity and colour balance.

Cheers Airframes have got a better camera now so hopefully will be able to get some cleare pics tomorow .Evenings are for my other addiction lol World of Warcraft

Cheers Airframes have got a better camera now so hopefully will be able to get some cleare pics tomorow .Evenings are for my other addiction lol World of Warcraft

...My son is into WOW big time....soon as he gets home from work...till he goes to bed!....wish he would clean his friggin room up!:lol:

....and er good start on the 110!

its a great game though recently here in the UK it has been claimed that it is more addictive than cocaine

So, it is good chance to start I./ZG1>Erpr.Gr.210>I./SKG210>I./ZG1 line, jamie :)

You need:

Bf110C-1 for aircraft of Gruppe in 1939, Polish campaign. 2N+IH is a most famous, pilot - Mjr. Karl Hammes.
Camou: 71/70/65, "I" in white.

Bf110C-2 for 2N+GH of Oblt. Viktor Moelders, top ace of Gruppe in French campaign.
Camou: 71/70/65, "G" in white, 7 victory bars on fin.

Bf110D-0/B (You have this, it is standart Bf110D with bombracks under fuselage) for famous mashine of Hptm. Martin Lutz, S9+AH.
Camou: 02/71/65, "A" in blue outlined in white, with 2 victory bars on fin. Eprp.Gr.210 crest on nose.

Bf110E-1 for S9+AH, mashine of Oblt. Wolfgang "Bombo" Schenk, another well known and really cute mashine.
Camou: 02/71/65, "A" in white, with 15 victory bars and 5 tanks siluette on fin. SKG210 emblem on nose.

Bf110G-2 for S9+AB, mashine of "Il-2 killer" Hptm. Wilfried Hermann.
Camou: 74/75/76, heavy mottled, "A" in green, with 8 victory bars on fin and large Wespe.

Would be nice collection :)

I will provide all needed info, photoes e.t.c.

Last edited:
True Evgeny. Paul, I'm not sure, but I might have a decal for that, in slightly oversized 1/72nd, which wouldn't look out of place in 1/48th scale. If not, when you need some, let me know and I'll make them for you.

Wwhen a profile says "colours RlM o2,74,75,76" what exactly does it mean .i know 76 will be the under side does that mean 02 ,74 75 are the top colours and if so any idea how they should look i only have 2 colour profiles that i have forund so far

heres some more shots of the build .found the wings to be very warped when i took them off the sprue also a fair few holes and things in the wings that still need filling .
the body is all filled and sanded now just need to polish out the sanding
overall i am quite pleased with how it is going though i still have that nightmare greenhouse of a canopy to do

Attachments

• Bf110_1.JPG
    Bf110_1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Bf110_2.JPG
    Bf110_2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Bf110_3.JPG
    Bf110_3.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Bf110_4.JPG
    Bf110_4.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking very good and clean there Jamie, well done mate. Yes, the RLM was the equivalent of the British Air ministry, so all colours had an 'Air Ministry' number. RLM 02 was a lightish grey/green, originally used as a primer and interior colour (later replaced by a darker grey, RLM66), and also as a camouflage colour. The 74/75/76 were the three greys, a standard camouflage colour scheme on fighters of the period, 76 being the lightest, almost a blue, used normally as an underside colour, and on fuselage sides. The darkest of the the three was the RLM74.
Hope this helps mate.

Looking very good and clean there Jamie, well done mate. Yes, the RLM was the equivalent of the British Air ministry, so all colours had an 'Air Ministry' number. RLM 02 was a lightish grey/green, originally used as a primer and interior colour (later replaced by a darker grey, RLM66), and also as a camouflage colour. The 74/75/76 were the three greys, a standard camouflage colour scheme on fighters of the period, 76 being the lightest, almost a blue, used normally as an underside colour, and on fuselage sides. The darkest of the the three was the RLM74.
Hope this helps mate.

Also the RLM 02 was a colour for mottling on fuselages.

Jan, 'wipe' the cursor over the box with the red 'X', and it should expand, reading 'shift + R' etc etc. Whenn it does this, press Shift and R, and the pics should open. If they don't, it's a temporary thing, normally caused, I think, by the forum waiting for adverts to load (in the UK anyway). They should eventually settle and open without problem, although I've sometimes had to exit the page and return later - a bit of a pain!!
EDIT:- Yes, you're quite right Wojtek, I'd forgotten to mention about the use of RLM 02 as a lighter mottle, thanks!

It is quite useless Terry.These pics were of bmp files.And that's way there was the problm.I have made them JPG ones.Now it should be fine.

Jamie my boy...before you upload pics here , will try to save these pics as JPG format files on your HDD, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back