Done : Bf110G-4, G9+AT, of III/NJG1, Gruppe Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Marek, and here they are!
Things seem to have jumped ahead all of a sudden. All the decals are on, although, as expected, there were a few that disintegrated. So there is now a mixture of the kit decals, some hand-painted areas like the wing-walk lines, and some from the files. The Werke Nr. was made up from individual figures from an old Microscale sheet.
Whilst I was waiting for the decals to fully settle, before spraying the final clear coats, I assembled the undercarriage legs, and set to work on improving the exhausts.
If the kit instructions are followed, the landing gear legs would have been angled too far forward, so I adjusted the locating holes before cementing the legs in place, then added a spot of superglue to hold them in the desired position. The doors, door stays and wheels have yet to be added, and I'll scratch-build some door retraction arms from stretched sprue.
There are three parts to each of the exhausts, which are moulded as one with the flame dampers, and they are fairly good representations of the real thing. However, the outlets are solid, so I drilled them out, then reamed them, to give a more realistic appearance. The vent intakes are supplied as separate parts, and there ares some rather nice representations of welded joints at the bend of the 'tubes'. Once the rear baffle-vents had been glued in place, I went around the liquid cement joint with the point of a scalpel blade, to make the joint look like a weld. There were a number of ejector pins to be removed from each of the exhausts and dampers, and quite a bit of cleaning up to do, scraping and sanding the seam lines etc.
PICS 1 and 2 show the work in progress, before painting.
Whilst the exhausts were drying, I sprayed the model in a semi-matt clear coat, using Johnson's 'Klear' (Future), to which had been added some Tamiya acrylic Flat Base and, when this was totally dry, I began work on some light weathering, wear, and exhaust staining etc, as shown in :-
PICTURE 3.
The final two pics show the progress to date, with a lot of work still to be done. I've decided to leave in the Schrage Musik cannon, as it is very possible that this aircraft was fitted with these weapons at some time, as there is evidence to show that other aircraft of this unit carried the weapons. Apart from that, it would be a right royal pain to try to remove them without causing possible damage!
I'll post some more pics in a few days, when there's more to show, as the next stage involves assembling all the fiddly bits, and altering the SN2 antennas.
Thanks again for your interest and compliments.
Terry.

Attachments

• 110 Build 169.jpg
    110 Build 169.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 110 Build 167.jpg
    110 Build 167.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 110 Build 183.jpg
    110 Build 183.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 110 Build 173.jpg
    110 Build 173.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 110 Build 174.jpg
    110 Build 174.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 70
Thanks M! I'm looking forward to this very, very expensive 'wonder' drug, it's supposed to be very good. But you should see the size of these feckers! It comes in one of those injection 'pen' things, and they're bigger than a .50 cal round! Keeps down the Arthritis, but knocks holes in you that the wind can blow through!

I do believe they will! I bl**dy well hope so anyway, as I'm aching all over at the moment. In fact, I'm so drained with the pain, I'm off to bed right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back