Done : Bf110G-4, G9+AT, of III/NJG1, Gruppe Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work!!!! this is my secound most favourite air plane. I have two of these kit in 1:32 scale waiting in the shed to be done! You have done great work keep it up!. Why is it we love the bad guys vicheals and not our own?

Thanks very much for the compliments guys! Yep, looking forward to getting some relief with these new meds.
Dan, what was that you said, I can't hear properly........

Well, had my first dose of the new meds today, and I don't know if it's just physcological, but I'm feeling the difference already; seem to be moving better, and the hands and legs aren't as stiff. Couple of side effects, which are common when first starting apparently. One is a slight muzziness in the head (no change there then!) and the other is a need to stay near the bathroom!!
Anyway, the new meds have encouraged me to do a bit more on the '110, so here it is.
The long canopy was masked and painted, inside and out, and the remaining cockpit fittings added, some of which fit into the canopy and windscreen. The MG81Z rear machine guns and their empty cases chute have been fitted, together with the rear seat belt, which I had forgotten to make, then the main part of the canopy, and the windscreen, were fixed in place with white glue. The continuation of the fuselage mottling, onto the canopy frame, has been started, but has yet to be softened and blended in to match.
The wheels have been painted, weathered and dirtied, and glued in place, ensuring that the 'flats' lined up properly with the 'ground', and a little more work has been done on the exhausts and exhaust staining, although there's still more to do in this area. Once all the major areas of the fuselage and wings have been attended to, then work can proceed on the building and fitting of the various delicate parts, such as the radio and beam-approach antennas, landing and nav lights etc, before the final really delicate parts are added. These will include the antenna wires, and, of course, the SN2 'antler' antennas, which need altering to the later, angled type.
Again, the pics show the progress so far, and I'll post more pics soon.

Attachments

• 110 Build 191.jpg
    110 Build 191.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 110 Build 188.jpg
    110 Build 188.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 74
  • 110 Build 202.jpg
    110 Build 202.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 110 Build 185.jpg
    110 Build 185.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 110 Build 200.jpg
    110 Build 200.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 80
Thanks very much guys, for the compliments and the good wishes. I'm just off for a quick ten mile run now.....well, OK, a ten yard shuffle!!

Spectacular old scout, top notch, bad *ss and all that rot! Glad to hear that the new meds doing good, really hope that it's a beginning of a new better life for you....

Thanks Thor', Max' and Jan, much appreciated, on both counts. I managed to walk into town today, without feeling knackered or in pain when I got back - marvellous, even though it was only about half a mile total. Had to time things though, as there's a film crew in my street for two days, doing a TV commercial, set in the 1950's. Took a couple of pics, might post some in the 'Off Topic' section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back