DONE: F4U-1A of Lt. Bill Case of VMF-214, Group Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hej, I remember the movie. Quite interesting.....:)

Paul great stuff here.

OK, was able to get some work done on this sucka the past couple days..... Worked up the engine some.... First pics show the parts prior to painting, the rest are the work in progress pics.....

Its a shame that practically none of the engine is gonna be seen as the detail is great.... I went and scratch built the ignition wires and painted them, but the color isnt right in the pics compared to the naked eye... It took me forever to get these damn little wires into the holes I drilled out, but I got em in there.....

Been working on the exhaust pipes this morning, drilled out the ends of them and got a couple of em painted rust....

Attachments

• corsair a 003.jpg
    corsair a 003.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 145
  • corsair a 002.jpg
    corsair a 002.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 147
  • corsair a 009.jpg
    corsair a 009.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 145
  • corsair a 010.jpg
    corsair a 010.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 138
  • corsair a 013.jpg
    corsair a 013.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 135
Thanks Karl, Im tryin.... Still got alot of work left on it before I get to page 3 of the instructions lol..... I hate being so anal-retentive sometimes, trying to get a perfect job done on something that will never be seen is frustrating and I wonder sometimes why???

The answer I always come back to is "I know what inside that cowling"...

Wow Dan, ace work!

I would have smashed my head trying to put all those little pieces into the engine, thank god I dont buy kits that have that much detail! :lol:

Holy Moley! There's more parts to that engine than the total of some kits!
Fantastic work there Dan, it looks the dog's b*ll*cks mate! As you say, pity most of it is going to be hidden, unless you remove a cowling panel....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back