**** DONE: F7U-3M Cutlass USN VX-4 'Evaluators' circa 1955

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been a busy bee and have now most of the decals on and have painted the canopy.
Just the underside decals to go on now,then it's time to attach the leading edges, wheel assemblies and missiles.
The blue/red markings on the canopy were painted on as the decal provided was rubbish.

p1080473d.jpg

The black line decals on the topside were not long enough :)x) so I guess I'll just have to paint to the edge.

p1080474u.jpg

Cheers,
Tony.

Certainly have, it's looking vwery good. Got to say though, whoever had the idea for that design must have been having a bad day! It's a strange-looking beastie!!

Thanks guys:D
Certainly is a strange looking bird Terry but I think that's partly what I like about it.:)
By the way Rochie,love ur signature pic.8)
Cheers,
Tony.

My Dad flew the Cutlass at Memphis NAS in 1958. All the pilots called it the "Gutless". Notice the incredibly long-legged nosegear strut - designed to provide an acceptable angle-of-attack for carrier cat shots. Not one of his favorites, but a really neat-looking aircraft. Show us what it looks like when you're done with the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back