Done : Heinkel He219A-7 Gruppe Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

it appears upon further investigation that Werner B's last kill was a Lancaster on the night of March 7/8, 1945 on the Dessau raid, giving him 40 kills.

Oberleutnant Ruppert Thurner shot down another Lancaster from the Dessau raid for his 3rd and last kill. this may easily hae been the last victories claimed by Uhu's in the war.........

E ~

Cheers Terry old boy!

Anyhoo, this is what I did today chaps.....

DSCF0001-17.jpg

DSCF0009-10.jpg

Nice start, Lucky13! Remember that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step, or some such rubbish. I have to say, the Uhu has always been one of my favorites. I actually built the old Revell thing back in the Pleistocene Epoch, I believe. Now if someone would come out with a '219 in 1/32nd scale - that's something you could sink your teeth into! I would have great fun opening the package, starting it, gluing the wings and fuselage, priming it, then setting it aside for years while I went on to some other project.

Venganza

Jan, before you go any further with the cockpit, let me find that magazine article. Something is niggling me about something; I think it might be to do with one of the armoured head rests on one of the seats being incorrect in the kit. I'll find the mag asap and e-mail the pics etc to you.

Jan, I've got some photos that might be of use to you, especially with the cockpit. I'll see if Ivett can scan them at work for you, otherwise drop us your address in a PM and I'll photocopy and post them to ya.

Glad you're doing the 219 too. Love that aircraft, and thought about it for the build, but saving mine (Dragon 1:72) for when I can paint better..!

Lucky what are you using for book references ?? anything........... ~

E ~

Jan, before you go any further with the cockpit, let me find that magazine article. Something is niggling me about something; I think it might be to do with one of the armoured head rests on one of the seats being incorrect in the kit. I'll find the mag asap and e-mail the pics etc to you.

Unfortunately I left all my aviation etc. books in Sweden when I moved over here. So any help in any way will very much appreciated to say the least.

Doesn't say much about colours in the cockpit etc. so I'm stuck there...:oops:

Cheers guys!

Was going to do some more work on the Heinkel today, still working the cockpit. The radar operator's panel looks rather dull in only grey, anyone have any idea as to where I should paint black or any other color for that matter?

DSCF0006-11.jpg

I think I've got some shots of some German radar kit - it won't be the 'Uhu' fit, but it might give you an idea. I'll dig it out and post it within the hour.

Much obliged old sport!

Found a profile for Baake's A-7, it's from Michael Reimer and Nachtjagdgeschwader 1, I wish that it was bigger and don't know either how accurate it is....

Edit: Forgot to attach the pic! :oops:

Attachments

• Heinkel He 219A-7R2 UHU G9+AB Baake.jpg
    Heinkel He 219A-7R2 UHU G9+AB Baake.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 353
Here you are old chap! The first pic is of a Lichtenstein in a JU88, different equipment, but the radio set-up is similar. Virtually all of the knobs and switches are black. The second and third pics are of the SN2 set, as used in the Uhu, but again, these are in a JU88. The first shot shows the equipment without the rubber visor over the screens. Note that in all pics, the radar is mounted with the radio equipment. I'm guessing that, on the kit part, the radar screens are supposed to be the rectangular bit on the top.
If you have a look at Guttorm's thread about the JU88 restoration, you'll get an idea of the layout and colours etc of the radio kit.
Hope these help old boy!
EDIT: just had another look at your kit part - unless there was a different SN2 set, I can't see the radar on the kit part! Perhaps they've guessed, or maybe it's that circular bit between the radio transmitter and receiver, at the bottom?
It should really have two screens, but, if it was a development, like the British kit, they might have been combined. I'm afraid I don't have enough pictorial info.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 335
  • A 001.jpg
    A 001.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 321
  • A 002.jpg
    A 002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 323
Jolly good show old chap, d*mn decent of you and all that rot! The radar, isn't that the black protruding(?) black rubber whatsit, that they, the operator look into..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back