***DONE: Henschel HS-129 B-1, MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dirk, what hobby shop do you go to?

Its a small little shop in Linden on St Gorges Avenue about 2 blocks from Route 1. The place is packed to the gills with great stuff.

Its about 45 minutes to an hour from you but its easy. Take Rt 287 to Rt 1. I don't recall the exit but I believe its the second or third exit after the Woodbridge Mall. They are open Saturdays but closed on Sundays.

Hi guys

I fianally have some progress to post

One.jpg

Two.jpg

Three.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

Thanks for looking

Looking very good thus far!I need to one day invest in a PE bender?Cheers Kevin

The Bug I have pictured ran me a whopping $40. At the time (about a year ago) it was the cheapest I could find.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Working with PE can be a challenge to say the least but in 1/72 it can be even worse. This cockpit has 12 levers and knobs that need to be attached. YEAH RIGHT! I was able to get two attached and they promptly broke off when I moved on to the next step. It was driving me nuts but then I realized that no one will ever see it so why worry about it. My next investment will be small set of tweezers and a neutron microscope. Ok, 'll settle for a magnifying glass.

Last edited:
Dirk I have been hearing that when attaching the small pieces of PE guys using Future floor wax and that it lays smoother than SGlue.Now I have not tried it but on the seatbelts I did for the 109's it appears if it's static it works if go bending it SG.Cheers Kevin

Dirk I have been hearing that when attaching the small pieces of PE guys using Future floor wax and that it lays smoother than SGlue.Now I have not tried it but on the seatbelts I did for the 109's it appears if it's static it works if go bending it SG.Cheers Kevin

I'll have to keep that in mind, but right now the biggest problem isn't getting the parts to lay flat, its trying to get the levers and knobs to stand up and in the right places. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back