Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I can only think that Tratt went down in the middle of Big Week and ZG 26 was probably very busy - so I want that worn look, oil stains, mud, wear, etc. No factory fresh for me!

Thanks Evan. And no airbrush, so it can be done!

I got the major bit decals on the fuselage and I'm gonna change things around. I was gonna wait until the decals were done and the panel lines/weathering before another thin coat of gloss but with decals being what they are it'll be the gloss on the decals and then panel lines / weathering. Less chance of damage to the decals.

And anyone wondering why I'm on so late here in the States, just got back from the hospital. My pre-wife fell on ice and we thought she broke her hip/pelvis. Just very deep contusion. Friggin' 9 hours in the ER is ridiculus! And I want a do-over on this year. This is getting to be a bit much!!

Some more teaser shots. Almost dressed and ready for the Prom!

Attachments

• panel20.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 102
  • panel21.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 102
  • panel22.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 100
D*mn! Hope that your pre-wife is alright. My mum once slipped on ice out walking, broke both her bones in her left leg...never teased and annoyed her as much as I did then, before that...
My very best get well soon wishes to your better half mate....

You and Terry are true masters of the brush! 8)

Man Chris, all I can say is WOW!!!! Its coming out phenominal with only paintbrushes at ur disposal.... U should be very happy about this build....

Sorry to hear about ur girl, glad shes ok, but I REALLY feel for u with that emergency room bullsh!t.... I think they are slowly weening the public off of emergency services by these long waits.... I wont go there unless its an absolute necessity....

I hate the ER with a passion....

If I can ask, how many Hispanic looking persons were there???

Beautiful work Chris - I thought you'd airbrushed it at first!

Very sorry to hear about your pre-wife. I hope she (and you) will be in a better way soon.

Thanks everyone. I'm liking how its coming out!

If I can ask, how many Hispanic looking persons were there???

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me....or something like that.

A quick question: Does anyone have any evidence that the First Aid marking was applied to the fuselage compartment -near the "Blau 1". I haven't seen it in pics but some profiles carry it. Same for the numbers along the bottom of the fuselage - counting out the panel lines.

Users who are viewing this thread