Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Please disregard the previous post.

Once I put the tissues and cough syrup to the side I decided to try this again.

But before I could continue on the fuselage I needed to manufacture those side cannons. Going through my spares and kits I found some guns that would make do for the cannons and some extra torpedoes from a forgotten kit that I could re-work to fit what I wanted.

Attachments

• sickboy02.jpg
    sickboy02.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 158
I sanded the torpedo ends and fit them in the fuselage for fit then cut them to length. I had to make sure they weren't in the way of the cockpit tub and after some fitting and a little sanding I had what I wanted. Glued in place I then fit the gun/cannons and glued them.

Although its a small addition and really doesn't show well in my pics, I know its there and looks the way it should. Paint will be headache for another day. Sorry about the quality of pics but autofocus apparently only works on pics of elephants. :)

Now back to the tissues.

Attachments

• sickboy03.jpg
    sickboy03.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 115
  • sickboy04.jpg
    sickboy04.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 104
  • sickboy05.jpg
    sickboy05.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 104
Get better, Njaco. Your pics look like what I envision your flu to be for you. Best to you.

... and better to your camera. :lol:

That bookcase in the background I rebuilt to go from floor to ceiling. The right side are my books and the left is the pre-wife's. Guess what genre of books I have filled it with? And I just bought 4 more. Don't know where to put them!

and that is only 2 boxes of kits that I opened. In total I have 7. hehehe!

oh dog poop Matt, smelling all the glue, painting the wrong parts in the incorrect RLM paint scheme then having to defrock the paint off the fuselage and where-ever then a total corinary of the nutz as you take the unfinished product and throw it across the room

funny never heard of anyone doing that with a good book ~

life is fickle go eat a pickle, and dump on the cave I live in the Sphere

Chris just a note but the last image of that ZG 26 410 I posted may indeed be what you are looking for to render Tratts mount. I think the darker greys and browns/greens came into effect later on. For Blue 1 and I do not have the pics to prove but would think since the air engagements are in the winter that a lighter grey scheme would be in effect.

just a thought

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks. But I guess I'll be adding rockets now. I wasn't going to but apparently they MIGHT have been on his machine. :)

I would say count on it all with Stab and the whole II. gruppe. the 110G-2's of III. gruppe had them installed when they were based at Wunstorf through March of 44

Good grief! The ingenuity of the modeller! Good solution Chris, and I'm happy to hear you are feeling at least a little better.
Now, how come you live in a model shop? I take it that IS a model shop, with all those kits!
BTW, I've posted another 3 useless pics of '410's in the 'other' 410 thread. Two of them show the WrGr tubes, and I have a good close up of the latter also, if you think it will be of use.
Terry.

Hey Chris...Glad you are better..You stash looks almost like my one.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back