Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just thought Chris, going off topic for a mo; weren't you looking for a prop for your old Monogram FW190?
The Tamiya 1/48th Dora I'm doing has an engine (front), fan and prop with separate spinner on the sprues. they're obviously a common sprue for one of the '190A's. If it's of any use, you can have it - it seems to be broad-bladed too.

I am soooo friggin' sick! uuggghhh!!! This flu crap has brought on my cluster headaches and I can't function, only getting about 3 hours sleep each night. I haven't done nothing at all.

Dan. I finally sent your decals out - dragged myself to the Post. I think I may have found a way to manufacture those side guns. Gitta find me a muffler from some model car and modify. Already curved plastic and with some trimming should fit. The guns I can grab from some other kit I have around here.

My only nagging problem is the markings. I'm gonna hit my books and see if I can at least find a Stab aircraft from that unit. Might point me in the right direction. My thinking is that since he was Gruppenkommandeur of II./ZG 26, his crate would have been a Stab machine- maybe not his personnal but nabbed from the TO or Adjutant. Thats why the Blue 1.

or Blue One was his callsign?

going back to my Robitussin IV drip.

A4K, I just sent you an email!!! I was about to send you that stuff but UPS wanted $332 US dollars just to ship it!!!! Bloody thieves!!!

Thanks Chris! I haven't read it yet, but that sounds a bit hefty, to say the least....shock: (Are US mail workers ex-Telecom, by any chance???). I'll get a PM off to you soon.

Cheers, Evan

Thanks guys. I happen to suffer from one of the least known type of headaches but considered the most painful. They come in bunches - maybe four or five attacks a day - hence the name cluster. They are the exact opposite of migraines. I have to move, pace, rock and one eye puffs out and tears. I have to take oxygen and percocets for the pain. They hit me all night long and sleep is only an option not a requirement. They usually last about a month and the disappear for a year or so. This frickin' flu brought on the lastest attack and now I'm incapacitated.

After 20 years of this crap, I'm still not used to it. But inbetween attacks I'm checking my books and other models for parts and stuff. Hopefully I can start alittle again tonight and post some pics.

I'm with the guys. Hope you can find relief soon my friend. I know what it's like, in a different way, to suffer and not get any rest - not nice at all. But, try to keep smiling, in between grimacing!

Ok, back to work.

Once I painted the treads in Baby Puke Green I was able to attach the phaser shield. It was a tight fit but my Makita electric belt sander was able to hone it down to a managable piece. It was then that I noticed that the Elmers Glue wasn't exactly the right shade or texture so I scraped it out and replaced it with a mixture of Doublemint gum and Dijon Mustard. It really works well and the smell isn't too bad to handle. A final coat of Turtle Wax and .........

Attachments

• sickboy01.jpg
    sickboy01.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 98

Users who are viewing this thread

Back