**** DONE: Mustang Mk III of No. 315 (Polish) Squadron RAF, Sqn Ldr E.Horbaczewski (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. Try sanding, polishing Future ,you don't have anything to loose. It it doesn't turn out you can swap it out with the hood from the second kit later like you said

Now I can see all.Not milky anyway.It is not too bad as it seems.I suggest using sand paper for wet sanding.Do you have a such one Igor? It is used for sanding and painting of carbodies.Its grade should start with 1200 and then 1500 or so.Sand slowly with moving round.Don't press the sand paper strongly. Initially the "glass" will be looking matt but with polishing it should regain its transparency.

Really nice looking model Igor so I hope the gentle sanding and polishing works for you. It should, it just takes time and patience.

I wish you luck.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Nice work on the model Igor, but what a pity about the canopy! I agree with Wojtek though. It looks like it's just surface damage, and with liquid cement probably isn't very deep at all. Polish as Wojtek suggested, and finish off with 'T-Cut' (car body colour restorer) if possible, or toothpaste if that's all that's available. A shine with a soft cloth, then a dip in Future, and it'll be better than new!

I can see that the damage are of two kinds.The first one is the surface got matt.And the second one is with your finger print partially. Well.. I suggest sanding the matt surface firstly starting from the conopy top and going down to the yellow broken line.Approaching the line you should see how deep the finger print is.I think it is not too much.Then sand the area with thse red arrows. I'm not sure but it seems that it can be enough to sand with paper of 2000 grade or so for sanding down the matt suraface only. For the red area use 1500 initially then 2000 for getting much smooth surface. And polishing at the end like Terry suggested.

Attachments

• 8_03a1.jpg
    8_03a1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 117
Cheers mates!

Did my best with the canopy. I carefully sanded off the glue and polished with the tooth paste. I don't have "Future" so skipped that part. Hood looks much better now, but still is somewhat blurry. I'll probably have it replaced eventually.
Off to sort out pictures for finished model thread...

Thanks to everyone for fallowing the course of this build and for all of your help and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back