**** DONE : 1/48th scale N.A. Mustang III, HB837, 541 Sqn, R.A.F., Group Build. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much guys, it's appreciated. Should have the final assembly pics a bit later, and the finished shots , hopefully, by tomorrow.

Thanks Magnu and Paul !
A little later than anticipated, but here's the pics of the final stages. They're not particulary good quality, as I was in a bit of a rush, but at least they give an idea of what's what.
PIC 1. An IFF antenna has been fitted to the lower port wing, made from stretched sprue, the stores pylons have been re-touched, the exhausts fitted and painted, and the landing lamp cover fitted. I'm not happy with this, and it will be removed, trimmed slightly, and re-fitted.
PIC 2. A general underside view showing the recognition and nav lamps painted and glazed, and awaiting a bit of re-touching. The flaps are visible in the fully down (47 degrees) position, and, just discernable, the main gear- well doors are just starting to droop, simulating hydraulic pressure bleed-off. The pitot head is also just visible under the starboard wing.
PIC 3. The whip antenna is just visible here, on the top starboard fuselage, and the flaps in the down position, showing the bare metal leading edges and, only just visible, the hand-painted flap degree indicator on the port flap, and the small hinge gear access slots. The whip antenna, from stretched sprue, seems a bit too 'heavy' to me, now that it's painted, and I might replace this with a thinner one. I'd cropped this pic before I realised that the tail light, from extruded PVA, was also visible on the trailing edge of the rudder! Doh!
PIC 4. How the model looks so far. Almost finished, with just a bit of re-touching here and there, a general clean-up, and the prop to finish and add.
All being well, I should have the final six shots posted by tomorrow at the latest. Thanks once again for your interest and kind comments. Next job is to get on with the Typhoon uopdate.

Attachments

• D Day mustang 137.jpg
    D Day mustang 137.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 197
  • D Day mustang 139.jpg
    D Day mustang 139.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 185
  • D Day mustang 141.jpg
    D Day mustang 141.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 195
  • D Day mustang 147.jpg
    D Day mustang 147.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 195
Thanks Andy an Wojtek. Should have got it finished, but been floored by some strange bug for 27 hours. Went to bed early oin Friday, and didn't get up until 00:15 hrs Saturday night! Feel like sh:t !!!

Great build T. Sorry your not so well and can honestly relate to how you feel. carried similar bug from Europe all over the Middle East for some 15 days before it faded. Get well soon mate.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back