**** FINISHED: Mustang MkIII, 541 Sqn, RAF.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much all. Paul, I'm working on refurbishing an old Bf109E and a Typhoon, both in 1/32nd scale, then it's on to another 56 Squadron build, plus the 1/32nd scale Ju88 for the Czech museum, pllus......

Thanks very much all. Paul, I'm working on refurbishing an old Bf109E and a Typhoon, both in 1/32nd scale, then it's on to another 56 Squadron build, plus the 1/32nd scale Ju88 for the Czech museum, pllus......

Morning Terry, Any idea on what marking for the Ju88. Might be an interesting look up as Im sure you have one picked out already :)

Yep, it's from 2/KG.806, Werk Nr. 4068, coded M7+ DK. It was engaged by three Hurricanes of 312 (Czech) Sqn, RAF, on 8 October 1940, whilst attacking the Rootes factory at Liverpool. The Hurricanes took off from Speke, right next door to the JU's target, and the entire flight and combat lasted three minutes, in sight of the airfield! The Ju88 flew at rooftop height over Bromborough, on the Wirral (south bank of the River Mersey), banking around the steeple of the church, before crash landing on what was then recalimed land, now covered by buildings and a shopping complex. The pilot died from fatal wounds, and the rest of the crew were captured.
One of the pilot's involved, sharing the victory, was Josef Stehlik, who was from Slavicin, where Roman (Seesul) hails from, and the model, showing the aircraft belly landed, as it actually was, will be going to the aviation museum in Slavicin, Czech Republic. How I get it there in one piece is something I'm still trying to figure out!

Yep, it's from 2/KG.806, Werk Nr. 4068, coded M7+ DK. It was engaged by three Hurricanes of 312 (Czech) Sqn, RAF, on 8 October 1940, whilst attacking the Rootes factory at Liverpool. The Hurricanes took off from Speke, right next door to the JU's target, and the entire flight and combat lasted three minutes, in sight of the airfield! The Ju88 flew at rooftop height over Bromborough, on the Wirral (south bank of the River Mersey), banking around the steeple of the church, before crash landing on what was then recalimed land, now covered by buildings and a shopping complex. The pilot died from fatal wounds, and the rest of the crew were captured.
One of the pilot's involved, sharing the victory, was Josef Stehlik, who was from Slavicin, where Roman (Seesul) hails from, and the model, showing the aircraft belly landed, as it actually was, will be going to the aviation museum in Slavicin, Czech Republic. How I get it there in one piece is something I'm still trying to figure out!

Sounds like another great one with a great deal of history behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back