**** DONE : 1/48th scale N.A. Mustang III, HB837, 541 Sqn, R.A.F., Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Be positive Terry - it just means that by the time your feeling better that paint will have had time to "cure".

Nice work.

Hold up there T.. seems some sort of bug is occurring globally. My area got hit with the highest pollen count in our history from numerous cold fronts. So much that all my neighbors cars are covered by pollen, and not little pieces.. each piece being a few inches! Everyone in the area has been sneezing and coughing and having mass allergy outbreaks, myself included!

Sounds bad! Can't be that though, it's done nothing but p*ss it down here for the last few days!

Thanks Wayne. Think I'm about over it now, and got the final bits done on the Mustang. Just waiting for the prop decals to settle, then it's a matt clear coat on the spinner, a couple of finishing touches and it's done. I should have the pics and 'Finished' thread up tomorrow.

Thanks guys.
The final bits are now done. I replaced the whip aerial with a thinner one, again from stretched sprue, and bedded-down the canopy in the correct position, with a slight downward tilt at the rear of the runners, the latter made from double lengths of stretched sprue.
The sides of the open radiator exit shutter have been painted Medium Sea Grey, representing the original camouflage colour of the aircraft before repainting in PRU Blue, and any areas requiring touch-up or final detail painting have been covered.
The prop has finally been assembled, after around four attempts to get the Humbrol matt white to lay-off properly on the spinner, and the decals applied. This is the first time I've used ICM decals, and these small ones, at least, were noticeable for their lack of 'stickiness' - they needed a helping hand with a spot of 'Klear' (Future), before being sealed. Although it was a tough decision, I finally gave in and replicated the white overspray on the prop, where, on the real aircraft, the spinner had been sprayed white. It looks messy, and I'm not at all keen on it, but that's how it's supposed to be.
The pictures tell the story, and I'll post the finished pics in a new 'Finished' thread.
Thanks again to all for your support, interest and kind comments.

Attachments

• D Day mustang 151.jpg
    D Day mustang 151.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 261
  • D Day mustang 152.jpg
    D Day mustang 152.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 244

Users who are viewing this thread

Back