**** DONE: No. 175 Squadron Hawker Typhoon Mk. 1B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some updates

Rockets
IMG_3062.jpg

Time to finish off the invasion stripes. Nothing looks better on an aircraft then Rockets and invasion stripes. :mrgreen:

IMG_3059.jpg

The black stripes were applied with a brush to to give it the appearance of being haphazardly applied.

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

Next it was time to do the yellow stripes for the leading edges. To do this I first applied a base of white.

IMG_3106.jpg

So far so good. I've never done this before so I have to admit I'm quite pleased. Next the Yellow

IMG_3117.jpg

Attached the Rockets

IMG_3152.jpg

Landing gear

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

Finishing off the interior gear doors with some paint and then a oil based wash.

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

Attaching the Propeller

IMG_3168.jpg

Up next will be the gloss cote, decals and some weathering.

Thanks for looking

Looks beautiful Dirk! I don't know how you can make so much progress on so many projects. I'm having trouble making enough progress to take pictures of on one project !!

Looks beautiful Dirk! I don't know how you can make so much progress on so many projects. I'm having trouble making enough progress to take pictures of on one project !!

From where I'm sitting it feels like I'm getting no where. All day yesterday I couldn't wait to sit down and do some work but after a day full of kids, painting my sons room, baths for the kids I was 10 minutes from getting some bench time. Then my sister called and needed me to go help her and her husband move back into our parents house. By the time I was done it was 9pm and I was exhausted. I fell asleep surfing the other modeling forums. :oops:

Excellent Dirk!:)
Can't wait to get stuck into my Typhoon (whenever that may be!)
Cheers,
Tony.

Tonight I got a little work done on the Typhoon.

First I replaced the red spinner with a black one which was more appropriate for this bird at this period of the war June 1944. Note: the tiny white dot on the spinner doesn't exist. It must have been part of the flash off the wet paint.

IMG_3193.jpg

Next I preped the tail for the Sky stripe. To date this kit has had the worst decals I've ever come across. The roundels were like cardboard and the sky stripe fell apart when I tried to put it in place. I admit I was being lazy trying to use the decal stripe but in the end painting the stripe will be far better.

IMG_3194.jpg

"Look'in better alll the tiimmme" some song I remember :) Cheers

Looking Good Dirk! I've had the opposite problem with Academy decals. So thick they refuse to bend around anything. They must get their decals from two different suppliers. Maybe they need to find a third! :lol:

Looking Good Dirk! I've had the opposite problem with Academy decals. So thick they refuse to bend around anything. They must get their decals from two different suppliers. Maybe they need to find a third! :lol:

The problem is there is no time to go out and get replacements now. I'm going to have to muttle through and hope the camera dosen't pick out the flaws. :lol: :cry::cry::cry:

The decals you have on so far look fine and you're probably better off painting on the Sky band with all those molded in stiffening lugs. I think it's going to look just fine.

Nice work Dirk. You're much better off always painting the Sky tail band, as most decals either won't sit and match up properly, or are totally the wrong shade, or both!

Nice work Dirk. You're much better off always painting the Sky tail band, as most decals either won't sit and match up properly, or are totally the wrong shade, or both!

I agree but you know how it is. We all have the best intentions when we crack open a new kit but as the deadline draws near we look to cut corners. As you can see she's masked and ready to have the band sprayed on. Due to the weather here little league baseball is canceled so with any luck I'll get to the bench a little earlier then I had planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back