No. 198 Squadron Hawker Typhoon Mk. 1B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys, appreciated! The decals snuggle just fine around the external stiffeners on the tail....still a few wrinkles to sort out. Otherwise, not bad at all....

DSCF0004-71.jpg

I say, rather top draw what?! Yep, the tail band should be Sky, although I never use the decal for it, incase it dosen't match the codes and spinner (when latter is Sky). Looking great mate, should really come alive when the codes and serials etc are in place.

Sky? Looks like its got some hint of yellow or or maybe a hint of green "Manila envelope" type color

Yep, 'Sky' was originally called 'Duck Egg Blue' or 'Duck Egg Green'. It's a sort of yellow/green cream colour! Should be a touch lighter than most decal manufacturers make it, which is why I normally paint it - but I have seen decals which are pale green, pale blue, all sorts of shades!!

Cheers buddy! She's baking in the sun now, going to have enother look on the decals and maybe put some 'stuff' on.... Hope to order the prop and decals this or next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back