**** DONE: No. 175 Squadron Hawker Typhoon Mk. 1B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is tonight's update

As you may remember the sky stripe decal disintegrated when I tried to apply it which led me to having to paint it on.

IMG_3196.jpg

Not to bad I'm happy with it.

IMG_3195.jpg

Then ole Murphy reared his ugly head. You all know Murphy he wrote these laws...

charlie-brown-baseball-aaugh.jpg

I think it's safe to say this one is in the books. No way I'll be getting replacement decals before the deadline. It's a shame no build that was going this good should end like this.

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

Here is tonight's update

As you may remember the sky stripe decal disintegrated when I tried to apply it which led me to having to paint it on.

IMG_3196.jpg

Not to bad I'm happy with it.

IMG_3195.jpg

Then ole Murphy reared his ugly head. You all know Murphy he wrote these laws...

charlie-brown-baseball-aaugh.jpg

I think it's safe to say this one is in the books. No way I'll be getting replacement decals before the deadline. It's a shame no build that was going this good should end like this.

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

AAUGH!! is right Dirk! I feel for you man. That happened to me on a Bristol Bulldog a few years back and I was so disgusted I put it back in the box and its still there. If you could scrounge up a couple of roundels you might be able to mask and paint the codes, but make sure you do the codes before the decals.

I just checked my spars box and came up with something that might work for you. The roundel is the right style and the same size as the one on my 1/72nd Airfix Typhoon. If you want to try to mask the codes send me your address my email and I'll send them to you tomorrow

Last edited:
AAUGH!! is right Dirk! I feel for you man. That happened to me on a Bristol Bulldog a few years back and I was so disgusted I put it back in the box and its still there. If you could scrounge up a couple of roundels you might be able to mask and paint the codes, but make sure you do the codes before the decals.

I just checked my spars box and came up with something that might work for you. The roundel is the right style and the same size at the one on my 1/72nd Airfix Typhoon. If you want to try to mask the codes send me your address my email and I'll send them to you tomorrow

Dude, you're brilliant! I have the same Airfix Typhoon in my stash. I'm still boned for the proper fuselage codes but a tad better then I am right now.

What a sod of a thing to happen! If it was 1/48th scale, I could provide decals for the codes. I'll have a look anyway, as I might have the correct letters in 1/72nd scale, but doubtful.

I want to do a MTO bird but if I do I will still need to go out and get new decals. :( Its never ending. :oops:

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can clean up the ghost images of the HH on the fuselage?

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can clean up the ghost images of the HH on the fuselage?

If it's coated with Future, try taking a cotton swab that's been lightly dipped in Windex and GENTLY rub it over the area. Keep rubbing until you see just a bit of the underlying paint appear on the swab - it won't take much to get to that point. At that stage, the future gloss coat should be off - at least from that area. Repeat until you have the desired area cleaned up. Then re-paint / re-airbrush the camo over that small area and after the paint has dried, reapply the gloss coat. That's what I had to do for the Hs 123 when the setting solution reacted with the future.

Or you can lightly sand the area with the ghost images, repaint and then reapply the gloss coat.

That's some good info Dwight, I had a similar problem of over spray with 'One Go' (Future to you guys) and have been lost for what to do to remove it, I must remember the Windex trick and see how it works.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Sorry to hear about the decals Dirk. If the new ones still aren't up to scratch, I'm sure you can find an aftermarket set somewhere. 'Tally Ho!' do alot of Tiffie and Tempest markings for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back