Done : Oblt. Klaus Faber, Fw190D-9 "Red 13", JV44 Gruppe Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seems like we've all had similar problems with this kit in that area! I got mine to almost match up, but the dihedral is slightly off on the starboard wing, compared to the port wing, Hopefully, it's not too noticeable. I was able to fill the gap at the wing root with just a very small bead of Superglue, topped off with the old varnish and talcum powder mix - much easier than trying to get any kind of putty in there.
Jan, my Model Shop stocks brass, steel, ally and copper tube. I think the smallest inner diameter is 0.5mm. (actually works out at 24mm in 1/48th, but close enough!) I should have checked when I picked up some paint today, as I want some for future use, but I forgot! Doh!
The 'phone number is 01625 511646 if you want to check with Iris what she's got. But note, she's closed on Wednesdays.

That's the one Jan. The inner diameter is about close enough, and I think the wall is thin enough to look the part. If you can hang on until Thursday, I'll call in and have a look at it.

I'm cool Terry, thanks! I'll be fannying about with other things around the '190 and the '109....sorting the gap in the wings etc. :notworthy:

OK mate, I'll let you know on Thursday. Now, I'm going to attack my Dora's paintwork! Be prepared to hear the sound of cursing wafting over the border......

Hey Guys ever thought about using some stryene stock with liguid cement cut off the remanining stock that sits out the top and sand.Kevin

Sometimes i have this gap problem too, i usually glue some sprue spacers under or around the cockpit tub to spread the fuselage slightly to get a better match, then glue and fill.

I may have to take some pics of what I mean it might come in handy for more than just yourself Jan?

Been fannying about a tad bit more with the Dora-9...
DSCF0002-8.jpg

DSCF0004-8.jpg

DSCF0006-6.jpg

DSCF0007-3.jpg

The gap isn't as bad as before, but it'll still need a wee bit of filler...

Looking a lot better Jan. Try the varnish and talc for such a small gap - dead easy, and no b*****ing about with filler or putty in such a confined space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back