Done : Oblt. Klaus Faber, Fw190D-9 "Red 13", JV44 Gruppe Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did a tad more tooling on the Dora today and the '109.....

DSCF0001-9.jpg

DSCF0002-9.jpg

DSCF0003-8.jpg

DSCF0004-10.jpg

DSCF0006-7.jpg

Nice work so far Jan.
Dan, unfortunately, the guns on the Tamiya 'Dora' kit are moulded as part of one wing half, which can cause obvious problems, as Jan found out!

Agreed! I'm guessing it's to have them in line with the gun tubes inside the wheel bays, but I would have thought a company like Tamiya would have been able to sort the moulding tools to allow separate barrels; there's enough room to fit them into the leading edge of the wing, after all.
Even though the kit dates back to 1995, and overall is quite nice, I personally don't think it's quite up to Tamiya's high standard.

Just what I thought.....almost....was looking for the guns in the nose, thinking where the h*ll are they and when I saw that they were molded in...wtf!? :shock: :lol:

Can't wait for Eduards 1/48 D-9 and D-11/13 in 2010!8)

I forgot about the upper nose guns Jan! You're right, even on the Hasegawa '109E, from the same era, the nose guns were separate, and they were only 7.92mm barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back