**** DONE: Revell 1/48 P-40B RAF 112 Squadron in Egypt in 1941 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, I know there horrible pictures Wojtek! :( I only have one light that gives direct light. I will try to get another one. and then find a backing.

I will get better pictures for you guys later. But anyways what I did today was:

I mixed Beret Green and yellow paint, 6:2 ratio. I went over the floor of the P-40 with a bigger brush. After, I painted the flap control with the interior green color. Then installed it with plastic cement, for a continuous bond. After which I decided to put the seat with the control stick in. I went to go fit it and for some reason it didn't quit reach. So after some sanding it fit perfectly.

A question, for my exhaust pipe it doesn't list a color...... should they be brown because it'll be a part of the camo or a metal color?

Edit: Better pics

Attachments

• 102_4034.JPG
    102_4034.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 95
  • 102_4036.JPG
    102_4036.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 102_4035.JPG
    102_4035.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 102_4037.JPG
    102_4037.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
The exhausts were normally a rust colour, maybe with a bit of metallic sheen here and there. For now, keep it simple. Use the Dark Earth (brown) of the camouflage topside colour, and add a spot or two of red, until it looks like a brick red or rust colour, and paint the exhaust pipes in this. It should look fine. If you want, when it's totally dry, rub a pencil over the pipes to give just a hint of metal. But that's a long way off yet, after all the main assembly and painting has been done.

Okay, thanks Terry! I will keep that in mind! That basic colors of the paint scheme are Brown and Mid stone?

That's about right. The brown is Dark Earth, like on BoB Spitfires for example. (See Maglar's Spit build). So it'll be Dark Earth and Mid Stone on top, and Azure Blue (or Mediterannean Blue, a light, mid-blue tone) underneath. The profile is pretty close.

Hey guys...

If no one saw this in my front page edit...

Name: Harrison
User name: B-17engineer
Plane: P-40B
Manufacturer: Revell
Group build: Beginner
Scale: 1/48
Details: P-40B of RAF 112 squadron in Egypt 1941

Okay, so there is this panel with what appears to be a lever or crank. It's on the right side of the pilot. I painted the lever a aluminum color and the rest black. What does this crank do?

Thanks

Attachments

• 102_4026.JPG
    102_4026.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 102_4031.JPG
    102_4031.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 102_4033.JPG
    102_4033.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 98
Okay so this is to the left of the pilot.... it appears to be the throttle. I painted the panel it was on black, and then the control area Brown and the tip of the stick red. You can barely see it but you get the jist of it.I have a question, the don't give a decal to put over the panel...... so that means I have to paint all the tiny gauges white?

Attachments

• 102_4038.JPG
    102_4038.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 102_4040.JPG
    102_4040.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 87
Dry brush as in? And thanks!

Edit: Today probably no work will get done....

9:00 a.m = Church
2-6 p.m. = Soccer tournament, my foots better :D
6-9 p.m. =finishing my homework that I forgot to do yesterday....I designate 3 hours for dinner etc.

But now seeing what I'm doing today I may have some time to paint the sides of the cockpit interior green. I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
Good job so far Harrison.:) But I would like to point out that a coat of any paint has to cover whole surface.If a backgroung colour can be seen at some areas it means that that a paint wasn't applied correctly.As a result the part has to be painted again in order to get self colour.

No Harrison , don't do it . You did as you did. A such correction might cause nothing but trubles. So let it be as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back