**** DONE: Revell P-61A 1/48 scale, Nocturnal Nemesis, Night Fighter GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally got a chance to paint the chairs. I'll wait till after they are installed before I say I'm done with them. :) Currently I'm working on the R/O compartment again. The sides back there are indented due to the mold process so I've had to sand off the detail and add a filler. Once I have it smoothed out I'll reconstruct that part. Photos later although I need to run to the hobby shop to find the right color. Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm trying hard to do justice to this model. :)

Attachments

• seats2 004.jpg
    seats2 004.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 145
  • seats2 005.jpg
    seats2 005.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 148
Got to do a little more work on the rear section. I didn't like the concave sides this model has so I sanded off all the detail and filled in the cavity. I then reapplied the framework. More details to follow after I fabricate them. :)

Attachments

• P61A 007.jpg
    P61A 007.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 114
  • P61A 008.jpg
    P61A 008.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 113
  • P61A 009.jpg
    P61A 009.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 112
Thanks guys. I'm currently trying to find the correct color for the inside. The directions call for zinc chromate but that is a yellow color and many of the color photos I've found have a green color. I'm guessing green chromate? I could probably mix the right color since its hard to find a hobby store that has a large array of colors to choose from.

Moving on. I put together the turret with the quad 50's the other night. Nothing fancy with this part of the build, only the "quick boost" after market gun set. I'll put up a photo later. During my breaks at work, I'm busy cleaning up and cutting out the cowling flaps. Hmmm, how to keep myself busy when I'm not busy? :)

Easier to mix it, using yellow and green, with a tiny, tiny touch of silver. The tones varied, as mentioned, depending on the zinc and additives, from a semi-metallic version of (US) Interior Green, to mustard yellow, and shades in between! The difference in appearance to (green) Zinc Chromate, and Interior Green, was that the latter had a semi-matt sheen, whilst the ZC was flat, with an underlying minor hint of metal particles, and appeared very slightly lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back