**** DONE: Revell P-61A 1/48 scale, Nocturnal Nemesis, Night Fighter GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's it. Just as long as its in front of the main wheels. There is also a ton of space right behind the gunner's seat. Aquarium weights are great for there and those other places you mentioned.

I have several pictures at my disposal for this plane but I'm having trouble locating enough pictures of the R/O compartment. As I understand it there is little difference between the A and B models in this area. The plane at the mid atlantic air museum is good for a few references but the wiring and connectors are not all in yet. Does anyone have a large or detailed picture of the R/O compartment? Thanks.

I've only got this, a page from the 'Squadron Signal' "In Action" book. I have seen other pics somewhere though, I think on the 'net somewhere.

Attachments

• Black widow page.pdf
    602 KB · Views: 139
Thanks Terry, that was a great help. It let me know that this kit is more geared toward the A version than the B version. The B version doesn't have that panel / bulkhead with the gauges mounted in it. The B has more racks and shelves and is open generally in that area. :) I'm hoping to get more done this weekend. It's been uncharactoristicly busy here. We just go our first snow fall... nothing more than a light dusting I'm afraid... and I still have lots to do around the house.

Lookin forward to this one, still didnt answer the question on the spinners tho Bill....

I'm sorry, I didn't see a question on the spinners, only a comment that they were interesting. If there is a question. The decal set I have has a couple of decals for the spinners. Not sure if I want to go with those or not. I'll try them first and if I don't like them I'll work on painting them. :) Hope that answers any questions there might have been.

Bill, the pics I mentioned I'd seen - they might have been in a thread on the same kit, I think by Maglar, at least a year ago.
Have you got the SS book? If not, let me know, and I'll send a copy on CD, if you think it might help.

Thanks Terry but no I don't have that book... I have the complete history and combat record book. I would love to get ahold of that CD if its ok though. I'm collecting anything I can find for references. :) Thanks, that's mighty kind of you.

No probs mate. Send me an address by PM, and I'll try to get it off to you by mid-week. Would you also like stuff on the Beaufighter and Mosquito? I guess yes, so I'll put them on the same CD.

Thanks Terry, you guess correctly. I really appreciate it. :) Now for some updating. I was able to work on the control panel in between hauling a ton of bricks and laying them in.

Attachments

• control panel 009.jpg
    control panel 009.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 172
  • control panel 007.jpg
    control panel 007.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 188
  • control panel 006.jpg
    control panel 006.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 188
  • P61A 001.jpg
    P61A 001.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 191
  • control panel 001.jpg
    control panel 001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 163
More pix. The levers I made with copper grounding wire. After I cut the slots, I glued the wire in and trimed them evenly. For the knobs I used just a small drop of white glue. The pictures aren't the best but I think there is enough detail to get the idea. :)

Attachments

• control panel 010.jpg
    control panel 010.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 184
  • control panel 011.jpg
    control panel 011.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 158
  • control panel 013.jpg
    control panel 013.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 188
  • control panel 015.jpg
    control panel 015.jpg