**** DONE: Revell P-61A 1/48 scale, Nocturnal Nemesis, Night Fighter GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally got a chance to paint the chairs. I'll wait till after they are installed before I say I'm done with them. Currently I'm working on the R/O compartment again. The sides back there are indented due to the mold process so I've had to sand off the detail and add a filler. Once I have it smoothed out I'll reconstruct that part. Photos later although I need to run to the hobby shop to find the right color. Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm trying hard to do justice to this model.

Attachments

• seats2 004.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 150
  • seats2 005.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 153
Got to do a little more work on the rear section. I didn't like the concave sides this model has so I sanded off all the detail and filled in the cavity. I then reapplied the framework. More details to follow after I fabricate them.

Attachments

• P61A 007.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 119
  • P61A 008.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 118
  • P61A 009.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 117
Thanks guys. I'm currently trying to find the correct color for the inside. The directions call for zinc chromate but that is a yellow color and many of the color photos I've found have a green color. I'm guessing green chromate? I could probably mix the right color since its hard to find a hobby store that has a large array of colors to choose from.

Moving on. I put together the turret with the quad 50's the other night. Nothing fancy with this part of the build, only the "quick boost" after market gun set. I'll put up a photo later. During my breaks at work, I'm busy cleaning up and cutting out the cowling flaps. Hmmm, how to keep myself busy when I'm not busy?

Easier to mix it, using yellow and green, with a tiny, tiny touch of silver. The tones varied, as mentioned, depending on the zinc and additives, from a semi-metallic version of (US) Interior Green, to mustard yellow, and shades in between! The difference in appearance to (green) Zinc Chromate, and Interior Green, was that the latter had a semi-matt sheen, whilst the ZC was flat, with an underlying minor hint of metal particles, and appeared very slightly lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread