DONE: RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair NZ5255 ,Flt/Sgt R L.Bayly No.21 Sgn/4 Su Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Daniel, sorry about that! When the panel is dry, try to paint the instrument in GLOSS white. Let this totally harden, then overpaint in matt black. When the black is fully dried, carefully scratch some representations of fgures and needles on each instrument, using a pin. You can tape the pin to the butt end of a paint brush, pencil, or similar, to make it easier to handle. It's time consuming, but not as hard as it sounds, and is easier than using a toothpick to dab on white spots. I admit, I haven't used this method for some time, mainly beause I keep forgetting (!), but it works quite well.

Been there, done that, and said the exact same thing with gusto!

Still looking pretty sweet though!

Cheers mate

I'm not into plastic scale models, but wouldn't a decal softner work better ?

Charles

Work better than what? the decals are gone

Doing ok Daniel, :D

Cheers!

I'll just confirm again, yes, the panel's black. I can never get those stupid decals to work!

Oh good so it's not just me

Daniel, sorry about that! When the panel is dry, try to paint the instrument in GLOSS white. Let this totally harden, then overpaint in matt black. When the black is fully dried, carefully scratch some representations of fgures and needles on each instrument, using a pin. You can tape the pin to the butt end of a paint brush, pencil, or similar, to make it easier to handle. It's time consuming, but not as hard as it sounds, and is easier than using a toothpick to dab on white spots. I admit, I haven't used this method for some time, mainly beause I keep forgetting (!), but it works quite well.

No need to apologise -Thanks for the advice ,with abit more touching up Il be happy (the side panels need alot more touching up)

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 114
Cockpit is looking great Dan, when I built this kit I used a PE interior set (it came with the kit) it looks like I didn't need it. Looking forward to more progress on this one! :thumbleft:

Really appreciate the comments guys

2 shots showing the nights progress -they're smaller than usual cause my connections being a real whore

Glued a few things more on -the cockpits only dry fitted right now

Attachments

• IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 82
Cheers Cory and Keith!

Your having me on though? you meaning the insert bit for the F4U-1D? (hope so!)

Thats not the point Dan, even if you can't see it when its finished, we'll all know it's not painted, it might effect the judges decision when the GB's over! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back