DONE: RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair NZ5255 ,Flt/Sgt R L.Bayly No.21 Sgn/4 Su Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just got on now Daniel! Looking bloody good mate!

Good advice from the guys too in all respects - and I use Terry's method of scratching the instruments myself, really does the job! (MUCH easier then hand painting the dials as I used to, esp. in 1/72! )

Cheers Guys!

Today got the cockpit in ,wings together ,fusalage together -started getting the wings ready to meet the center section - Have a annoying habbit of just doing it my way..... hour later I decided to read the instructions

Heres abit of what went on

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 110
:) Cheers mate!

Got the wings and flaps together today (hence no pics) what a pain in the ******* arse -also got the wings connected to the fusalage but ripped em off about an hour later to put in a motor I found

Must be piss making it with wings folded and flaps down

Sounds about right ,would put it down to my pathetic modelling ways

started with inner ones working outwards -the fit was good just the glue wouldn't leave my fingers alone ,so when I let go the piece would come with it!

I don't think Il be building another one, in this lifetime anyway

Not really -definately prefer the simplicity to my 1/72 one although that itself is a bas***d of a kit ,being quite possibly the worst in 1/72

Its just I'm not use to this scale and a million parts to a model

Did you model the flaps up or down?

Oh - try doing them up ,I didn't have much fun

No wonder you had it easy -diid dry fit them down -didn't even need glue!

Cheers guys! Proberly gonna be putting the wings back on later this aftertoon ,and maybe a few other fiddly bits in prep for its first coat

Pics later if I'm able to

Failed miserably with the tamiya white paint

Also passed 2 days I've started a base using some rimu weatherboards -its nearing completion

Can't believe I need to have this thing done by thursday

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 112
That's going to be one heck of a base Daniel. It really is a beautifully grained wood, good work mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back