DONE: RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair NZ5255 ,Flt/Sgt R L.Bayly No.21 Sgn/4 Su Group Build

Just got on now Daniel! Looking bloody good mate!

Good advice from the guys too in all respects - and I use Terry's method of scratching the instruments myself, really does the job! (MUCH easier then hand painting the dials as I used to, esp. in 1/72! )
 
Cheers Guys!

Today got the cockpit in ,wings together ,fusalage together -started getting the wings ready to meet the center section - Have a annoying habbit of just doing it my way..... hour later I decided to read the instructions

Heres abit of what went on
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 171
:) Cheers mate!

Got the wings and flaps together today (hence no pics) what a pain in the ******* arse -also got the wings connected to the fusalage but ripped em off about an hour later to put in a motor I found

Must be piss making it with wings folded and flaps down
 
Sounds about right ,would put it down to my pathetic modelling ways

started with inner ones working outwards -the fit was good just the glue wouldn't leave my fingers alone ,so when I let go the piece would come with it!

I don't think Il be building another one, in this lifetime anyway
 
Not really -definately prefer the simplicity to my 1/72 one although that itself is a bas***d of a kit ,being quite possibly the worst in 1/72

Its just I'm not use to this scale and a million parts to a model

Did you model the flaps up or down?
 
Oh - try doing them up ,I didn't have much fun

No wonder you had it easy -diid dry fit them down -didn't even need glue!
 
Cheers guys! Proberly gonna be putting the wings back on later this aftertoon ,and maybe a few other fiddly bits in prep for its first coat

Pics later if I'm able to
 
Failed miserably with the tamiya white paint

Also passed 2 days I've started a base using some rimu weatherboards -its nearing completion

Can't believe I need to have this thing done by thursday
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 160
That's going to be one heck of a base Daniel. It really is a beautifully grained wood, good work mate.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back