**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.I P9366 QV-K, OC No 19 Sqn BoB Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pity they don't make 'Perfect Woman' kits - Wayne would have enough customers to be in business for the rest of his life !!

Unless you have a fast forward control for the build you would be to old to enjoy the finished model :twisted: . Oh and we'd better get him cloned many times over to be able to keep up with the orders that will come flooding in.

Nope, no pics yet. My gf is visiting family and took the camera with her. I have most of my aftermarket stuff, I'm just waiting on for the Eduard pe which should be here tomorrow. I've started cutting on the wings though and I have 10 days off of work starting on Friday so I should be able to get a lot done. What would you guys suggest as being the most accurate brand for the paint? I was thinking about ordering White Ensign Coloucoats.

I womder what the ratio of 109's to spitfires actually was during the battle?? maybe we've got it about right?? Hmmm having said that we need more hurricanes!!

Ratio, roughly four to one (including Hurricanes) overall. So approximately 2.5 to 3 '109s for every Spit.
Need more bombers too; I'll hopefully be adding the 1/32nd scale Ju88, and maybe a Hurricane too.

Just to show that I have started working on this. Mainly just cutting and grinding on the wings.

Looking like a good start, and with the gun bays opened too ! Nice one!
Note that Spits very rarely, if ever, had the flaps lowered on the ground, apart from take off and landing, and especially if being re-armed - will still look good though !

Thanks guys. I think my eyes and nerves are going to take a beating doing the flaps. :D

Looking like a good start, and with the gun bays opened too ! Nice one!
Note that Spits very rarely, if ever, had the flaps lowered on the ground, apart from take off and landing, and especially if being re-armed - will still look good though !

That's true. I think of the hundred plus period photos I've seen I think only two have had their flaps lowered. Oh well, if would have realized that before buying the pe I probably would have skipped it but since I do have them and I like the look of the additional detail, I'll just go ahead and use them.

Don't blame you mate - I might be doing the same on the Mk22 I'll eventually get around to adding to the Spit collection. The parts are there, and it's a shame not to use them !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back