**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.I P9366 QV-K, OC No 19 Sqn BoB Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's just the Eduard panel though, I just added some drops of Kleer. :D
Well here's a small update. The cockpit is finished and I'll be closing it up tonight. I have the gun bays done in both wings and all the flaps puttied and sanded. Next up, the pe flaps. :| Here are a couple of pics before I close it up.

I forgot to set the field of depth so they're not the best pics.

Some nice work there Jason!Now did you use future on your dials and if so how many applications?cause mine get glossy but not to the point of looking like glass.

Some nice work there Jason!Now did you use future on your dials and if so how many applications?cause mine get glossy but not to the point of looking like glass.

Thanks. I didn't spray over the pe with anything. I just take some Micro Krystal Klear and put a drop in each dial so that it's filled above the ring creating a convex meniscus. It shrinks a bit when dry and usually flattens out pretty well.

So my airbrush took a dive on me and I have to buy a new one. It will be a week before I can do that so all I have is the boring stuff that's not worth posting. Thanks everyone for the comments and following along.

How's it coming Jason? I was just checking in to look at your landing gear pump as I need to make one too. Great job.

Looking forward to some molre updates. God God man, it's been almost 2 weeks since we've seen pics! Let's go!

How's it coming Jason? I was just checking in to look at your landing gear pump as I need to make one too. Great job.

Looking forward to some molre updates. God God man, it's been almost 2 weeks since we've seen pics! Let's go!

Nope. No pics. :D

I have all the individual sub assemblies built including the pe flaps. There's a little filling and sanding left but I should have everything primed and ready to start adding paint after this weekend. I'll post some pics later in the week. I also had a friend loan me his compressor so I'll be good to go when it's time to paint.

Ok some pics as promised. Not the greatest pics but you should be able to tell what's going on.

Probably one of the toughest parts of the build was to get these covers to fit right.

And the something very frustrating. I don't know how it happened. I removed the mask and it was cracked. I don't know what I want to do. I don't really want to go vacuformed but I don't think I have much of a choice. Anyone have an extra?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back