**** DONE: Spitfire Mk.I P9366 QV-K, OC No 19 Sqn BoB Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's been a week now Jason :-k what you been do'in bucko??:lol:

Just working on the paint. The compressor my friend loaned me didn't work so I had to wait for parts. :rolleyes: I just started getting the paint on last night.

I had to study it Jason but then I saw it the preshading coming through and to me thats really the way it should be a suttle effect.:thumbleft: Cheers

Now the hard part is the camo just spray around the shading only hitting it last to the effect you desire.;)

Last edited:
Well I got paint on but some of it was drying too fast coming out of the airbrush so I have a little sanding and touch up to do. After seeing that Andy included the oxygen bottle and hose in his pit I decided I'd have to add one to mine. :D Here is the process I used to make the hose.

Two different gauge wires and heat shrink tubing.

Start wrapping the smaller wire around the larger.

Finish with them bunched together.

Spread them trying to keep the spacing consistent.

Heat shrink on.

After taking the hair dryer to it.

Some paint with some dry brushing.

Flexible and easy to work with. Just need to make some end pieces out of some styrene.

I'll have pics of the paint up in the next couple of days.

What a great idea! Itried the same technique (without the heat shrink) with a smaller core wire and it kept breaking. Then I found the pre-made coil in my spares box.

Thanks guys. Got some paint on. I'll get a coat of Future on it tomorrow and start with the weathering on Monday.

Paint is still wet. :D

happy0034.gif

Looking good Jason and like your coiled hose, saw the same process but using PTFE tape wrapped over the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back