DONE: TBF Avenger from VT-8 - Minicraft 1/144 Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks to all guys, I´m glad that my work is welcome.

But I have bad news, I try a contact with Minicraft, and the anwers was this:

" I'm sorry we are unable to help with your request. This kit was produced in around 1993, I currently have nothing in stock nor do I have any decals in my parts department to send you .

Regards "

So I say to send the decal sheet of the currenttly kit production (that has the same stars) and the answer was:

"I do not have decals available at this time - the kit has not been released yet

regards"

Bad news :( :(

I need a way to solve these problem, before the end of the GB....

regards.

Lucas

Buy another avenger and take the decal sheet? Its the most you can do, im sure it wasnt too much money.. :|

Excellent work Lucas. I'm really sorry to hear about the decal problem. I've had a look through all my spare decals, even at some small vehicle stars, but can't find anything small enough. If the broken decal is still in place, all I can suggest is this;
First, brush on some clear gloss varnish, and let it dry thoroughly. Then, using the cirlce and star as the outline, try to touch in the star first, with white paint. When dry, spot some red on the circle, then touch in the blue of the background disc. The outside of the blue disc can then be touched in with the camouflage colour, to straighten any mialigned area. When it is all dry, apply the required clear coat after first giving the area a coat of gloss clear, to provide an even surface.
It might not be perfect, but will possibly help. Meanwhile, if I find any suitable stars, I'll let you know, so that you can correct the problem later.

Thanks Terry !

I´m considering to make some decals, or painting then, your idea is so good, but I removed the decal from wing.

A friend of mine will look at the spare decals too, hope he have something to help..

Thanks to all !

Hi guys,

Model Finished and ready for inspection ! :D

I like to give an special thanks to Evan (A4K) for send me by mail great pics about the Avenger wings folding system, to my brazilian friend Aleco, that save my life sending me a new decal sheet, and to Terry to invite-me to join o this GB.

A thanks to all that see my build log and comment too !

Now let´s to pics:

DSC02064Small.jpg

DSC02058Small.jpg

DSC02057Small.jpg

DSC02055Small.jpg

DSC02051Small.jpg

DSC02048Small.jpg

DSC02047Small.jpg

DSC02042Small.jpg

DSC02041Small.jpg

DSC02038Small.jpg

DSC02036Small.jpg

Thanks to all guys !

Lucas

Last edited:
Good work Lucke. Make a new thread with a "**** FINISHED: (Name of your model). Also take 6 photos to be judged, then you may take 4 extra photos to show off detail.

Attachments

• camera angles.jpg
    camera angles.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Back